• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transport Recs

dammstrate

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Looking to ship a nice car (1-) from Lancaster PA to Minneapolis, MN. How much difference open vs. closed? Go with a big firm, or an indie? Recommendations?

Never wanted to ship a nice car open.And yes enclosed will cost more.With mega fuel prices now cost is way up there.
I have used Reliable Transport many times.Never a problem.
Stay away from dealing with Brokers. For us they were nothing but trouble.

I can highly recommend Passport Transport.

Not the cheapest.
But definitely not the most expensive either.

No way would i ship a nice car open transport

Transportreviews.com will give you a good feel for who you may or may not wish to use.

Personally I'm in the minority here, and have used a broker several times with good results. The one time I used a 'big name' hauler was the worst experience of them all.

I highly recommend 4 corners transport services out of Washington State. This is a broker. Jeff and his wife run a very good show. Good luck!

No brokers, no open, independents usually take it A to B without a storage lots or moving it around, which equals road testing.

I used a broker once, never again. The guy (idiot) shows up with it and he is giving me his review of how the car runs and how much power it has. Then absolutely demanded cash, nobody told me that over the phone.

I told him what his job is and is not in transporting. cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back