• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Tremec 5 Speed TKO500 + MORE - Modified - No tunnel Hump mods needed . . . $4900.00/Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

conv67bdere

Super Moderator
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Tremec TKO500 5 speed trans, modified by American Powertrain - they claim no tunnel hump mods needed to install.

Per American Powertrain - ProFit TKO Kit for 1966-70 Mopar B-body

Initially went this route ( but really wanted a 6 speed ) and was not too sure of my welding skills to modify the tunnel hump for the 6 speed. American Powertrain said that they could machine the transmission and eliminate the need to modify the tunnel hump.

The good - you won't have to wait 18 Months to get the work done, it's all done already and I've got the finished product ready to sell. ( yes - I've got a 6 speed instead ) so I no longer need this transmission and I'm making it available to the other FBBO members that would be interested.

Here's how the transmission look initially:
pic-rightside.jpg

After the modification - plenty of room in the back for clearance now . . .
sm_partssale01.jpg

The full transmission - still in the BOX - there is 0 miles on this transmission . . . it's never been in a car and driven . . .

sm_partssale02.jpg

rear transmission support also included with this deal . . .

sm_partssale03.jpg

Isolation bushing for rear of transmission - band new - also included . . .

sm_partssale04.jpg

Directions and bolt kits included . . .

sm_partssale05.jpg

Think this was the speedometer cable . . . will have to go look again . . .

sm_partssale06.jpg

And they provided this 5 speed tunnel hump patch panel . . . never got that for too see if this was also needed . . . so it might be a "minor" mod is needed . . .

sm_partssale07.jpg

Still got more to uncover . . .

Includes . . . Bell housing
Clutch ( new )
Clutch plates ( new )
flywheel ( new )

Will add pictures when I track them down in the parts mountain . . .

And a clutch pedal linkage package - I'll get the additional information . . . as I find it . . .

Question . . . shoot me a PM . . . will be happy to hear what you have to offer and I no longer need this setup for my car . . . let someone else put it to good use . . .

Note: No warranty implied or attached - No tunnel hump mods is the work and word of American Powertrain - I'm just selling this kit that I was going to use and decided to go for the 6 speed like I wanted . . . please understand my concerns with making this known ahead of time.

Additional pictures . . . as promised . . . ( yeah - found them . . . )

Clutch . . .

sm_partssale08.jpg

Clutch Disc . . .

sm_partssale09.jpg

Flywheel ( one of the other pics had the 8 flywheel bolts included )

sm_partssale10.jpg

And the Quick Time bell housing for this trans hookup to the 5.7 Hemi

sm_partssale11.jpg

cable or hydraulic clutch.? what year is it for? so we would need a different bell housing for a 440 ?

Sorry - and thanks for the reminder - needed to add this picture to the thread . . .

Per American Powertrain - ProFit TKO Kit for 1966-70 Mopar B-body

Hydraulic clutch with all the following parts . . .

sm_partssale12.jpg

Bell housing . . . This one would bolt up to 5.7 ( probably a 6.1 ) Hemi.
Do not think it would work to 440 . . .

so I take it you bought it over a year ago. They do give warranties with these set ups. what year did you buy it for????

Yes - their work was done over a year ago - I can't speak to their warranties ( you'll have to contact them )

I'm building a 1967 B-body - Per American Powertrain - ProFit TKO Kit for 1966-70 Mopar B-body

The modification is a universal mod - it'll fit anything ( their documented claim ) 1966 - 1970
The fact that I'm building a 1967 B-body should not change the fact that it'll fit 1966 - 1970
( if your car is in that range - then it's the same modification )

If you have any questions/concerns on modification - I highly recommend that you contact American Powertrain directly with your questions - get the answers from the horses mouth ( your best possibility to get answers about their work ).

Thanks for your questions and interest.

Bump . . .

Great way to get a 5 speed in that car . . . This package is still available . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back