• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trends in project car pricing. What does 12k buy in todays market?

Holy crap guys! I didn't pay much more than that for this in 9/22! I mostly search the western states and found this one about 3 hours from home. A new baby precipitated the sale. I'm not a builder so I stick to the complete, decent drivers. They're out there if you're in the right place at the right time.

View attachment 1568285
View attachment 1568286
View attachment 1568287

So if that project is $12k, what is this worth? 318 poly, torquflite, not for sale.

that is awesome!........

the 66/67s were pretty cheap for a while, but seem to be making a move.......weren't there a couple 67 GTXs for sale here recently? one being a convertible?

5K in seat covers, at today's prices.
I think the interior might be from a 66 or 67 Satellite and will be the subject of a future thread in search of info. The driver's side bucket is sitting on a wooden rail that may not be stock.

I think the interior might be from a 66 or 67 Satellite and will be the subject of a future thread in search of info. The driver's side bucket is sitting on a wooden rail that may not be stock.
Woodgrain interior parts were optional!

Been away from the Mopar hobby for a few years, and was recently browsing some Mopar for sale ads.
Appears good, solid '68-'70 B-bodies are getting fewer and farther between. (solid as in structurally solid needing floor/trunk floor repair/replacement, quarter panel patch/replacement)
What can one expect for 12 grand when looking at '68-9 Superbees and Roadrunners?
Thanks!
*EDIT- This thread was directed at project cars. I didn't specify, sorry*
Here is a $6,750 70 RR project near Dallas, Texas.

Look at this post on Facebook 1970 Plymouth Road Runner

The seller isn’t easy to contact with but he is a real nice guy. I bought another 70 RR from him a couple weeks ago after several weeks of trying. He is handicapped and won’t provide additional pics, I had to make a 4 hour drive to verify what he had.
I didn’t see this RR so I can’t tell you about it’s condition.
Good luck

I'm going to sell my 1970 Coronet 500 someday. 383 all original. You guys know the story probably just short of $20K. Probably next summer.

It depends on how much I spend on it between now and then. Try to find another unmolested one.

Maybe not, damn, I love the front end.

Chargervert: You know not of which you speak.

Last edited:
Give us the rundown on what you want to sell,and we will give you our assessment of what we think they are worth in the current market! Some of us buy a lot of cars.
The first two to go up for sale will be a 1970 Satellite 2dr hdtp and a 1967 Coronet R/T convertible.

It depends on how much I spend on it between now and then. Try to find another unmolested one.

Maybe not, damn, I love the front end.

Chargervert: You know not of which you speak.
I was just messing wit ya!

nope. but it has a cool color combo. this has been on my radar for about 15 or so years....
If all goes as planned, it will be in my driveway tomorrow.
Its here. 1968 Roadrunner. LL1 turquoise/black & Silver interior. Numbers matching 383/727.

Auto Transport Service
Back