• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TRICKS TO Trouble ShootING THE Starter

so here is the latest. took full size starter to autozone and xchanged for the duralast 3258. had them bench test my old full size said test was inconclusive. had them test the duralast, came up good. had them re test my old one, now it comes up good! put in duralast $49 unit, fires rite up.start it maybe 10 more times, all seems fine. take mini back to rebuilder guy for some refund $. do some measurements, seems Bendix gear does not extend out ad far as the gear in the full size units! maybe 1/4 to 3/8 less than full size, so I assume that is why it did not engage flywheel, but as we all know what happens when you assume! so in total large starter in and out 4 times, mini in and out 2 times,im thinking that should be enuff for a lifetime, no man should be made to endure such torture!

Auto Transport Service
Back