• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trim Ques..

1BLUEMOFO

Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
Trying to get this thing ready to deliver to the painter.. Have almost all the trim off, down to the last few pieces. Just dont wanna take any chances on damaging any hard to find trim.. Anyone ever removed this? Any tricks to taking it off? Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

frozen035.jpg

frozen034.jpg

:grin:Great big hammer and a pry bar should do it.....

Trying to get this thing ready to deliver to the painter.. Have almost all the trim off, down to the last few pieces. Just dont wanna take any chances on damaging any hard to find trim.. Anyone ever removed this? Any tricks to taking it off? Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused:

frozen035.jpg

frozen034.jpg

I have never done it but have always heard that an old fashioned bottle opener (the kind with the pointed end for old cans and the rounded end for bottle caps) using the rounded end with either tape or a thin cloth under it works, working it along the length of it.

Right again. I've gone through several different styles of bottle openers before I found one that seemed to work well. You'll probably have to do the same thing in order to find one that fits your trim well.

Im hoping the guy doing the paintwork has removed this stuff before..lol But if he cant do it, ill have to try the bottle opener.. Thanks guys

I would leave it for the painter. They remove trim all the time. I have seen trim removed with a piece of Oak and some special tools from snap-on. once he gets it off you can buff it or send it out to a polisher. good luck.

True, leave it for the bodyshop. Metal on metal can be a big mistake. If prying needs to be done high density polyethylene wedges are used and special trim tools are used to trip the clips...one kink in your nice stainless trim and you will be hating yourself, find an old school bodyman, the younger guys haven't seen how real cars were put together!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back