• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Hinges

TommyBoyGTX

Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Im working on the rear section of this car (67 TommyBoy convertible) right now and the trunk hinges are giving me some difficulty. Wondering if someone can let me know which is correct....It looks like one of these two is bent. Just not sure which one....

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

I would guess the right should match the left. I used flanged brass bushings (hardware store) and added some quality to my 65 hinges and corrected the wear. I recall posting photos, years ago.
Mike
Mike
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1459.JPG

Your pic (of the rear of the car overall) seems to agree with Mike.... the right side is off, and the left looks, well, better.

About | Tommy Boy GTX

Ok thanks....I found another set and bought them so will start over with that. These two hinges are so far off right now I dont think its worth trying to figure out whats correct. Just another part that will be replaced to do it right.

Auto Transport Service
Back