• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Lift on 66 Belvedere

Hemi 354

Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Belvedere II, but missing the trunk lift springs. While I did get some springs from a 67 Belvedere 4-door, I am still lifting the trunk manually. I have attempted everyway know to man to place the trunk lift springs in the proper holes & position them so that it will lift the trunk lid. Does anyone have any pics of a 66 Belvedere / Satellite that show the proper way to install these springs? Close up's would be appreciated.

Secondly, I am assuming that the 67 4-door springs will be the same as the 66-2door. Please tell me if I'm off base.

Thanks
Rick

Are 5-22-15 029.jpg5-22-15 031.jpg Are these helpful? It's a 66 Belvedere I.

5-22-15 003.jpg5-22-15 005.jpg5-22-15 006.jpg

Hi Hemi 354,
These are of the drivers side. There is an upper and lower bar. The upper has "c" shaped ends and the lower has "z" shaped ends. Hope these are clearer. If there wasn't a fuel cell in the way I'd lay in there and get better shots.

Thanks Claw.....that will give me a lot more perspective of what I'm attempting to accomplish. Now if the rain would just quit here in Texas for a couple of days, I can then try these springs out. Also, I see on one of your pics, you have a round roller that fit's over the "c" end. Well, obviously I am needing these before I begin. Do you have any earthly idea where I can get these? I have searched hi & low, but no hits so far.
Thanks
Rick

Hey Hemi,
That roller seems to be hard plastic with a metal washer on the end. It doesn't roll or move, the bar just spins inside it if that helps. No idea where to find those but if I come across anything I will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

You might be able to get away with using these

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/1966/mopar/parts/mn1829.html

and check out this thread (towards the bottom)

http://www.earlyabodyforum.com/board/messages/394/9163.html?1353631777

Claw, I appreciate your URL's to find those parts. I was searching for everything imaginable, but found they are actually called "sliders". I have order those parts....now to just receive them and install those puppy's.

Thank you for the pics. Read helpful.
Rick

Auto Transport Service
Back