• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trunk paint for a 64 Fury

retractable

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
I am not having any luck finding any trunk spatter paint that is close to the original trunk paint for my 64 Fury. I used some spry cans about 5 years ago that was very close to the original but I did not keep the part number or who made it. What are you using ? I can find GM paint but it is not close to the original 64 paint. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a 65 satellite convertible. Same problem. Seems they don’t make anything close that is whit, black and grey.

I guess not enough demand.

I’ll probably end up using grey and white GM stuff. Uuuugh.

Maybe use a tiny water paint brush to dab on some black spots.

Just curious, what year did they switch to the spatter paint? my 62 trunk is body color..

I am not having any luck finding any trunk spatter paint that is close to the original trunk paint for my 64 Fury. I used some spry cans about 5 years ago that was very close to the original but I did not keep the part number or who made it. What are you using ? I can find GM paint but it is not close to the original 64 paint. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

79EC5955-DCAE-4A8E-8F2E-8979B10D0298.jpeg

I have looked at that paint but I don't think it looks like the spatter paint is still in my 64 Fury trunk. I have found some paint that I will try tomorrow and see how it looks.
Thanks for the Zolatone tip

Zolatone Graystone - 20 Series Stock Color Spatter Finish, Item#: ZOL 20-64-1​

That is what I used 4 years ago.

65 Dodge 052.jpg

Picture of trunk this morning after my new paint job. This will work for me
Maybe not much black spots as original. Rustoleum paint.

20230126_093819.jpg

20230126_093550.jpg

20230126_093541.jpg

So.. was the splatter spray an option or a year thing? mine is body color..

I say spatter paint was oem.
How many of these old cars have never been repainted guys??
I believe it was OEM, i have had cars with it in the past, was just curious when or why it started :)
My car..
621.jpg

That does seem odd. I thought the switch over to body color painted trunks was in 66.
Yeah.. thats why i'm wondering if it was a option or a dealer thing for splatter? And i know my car was never modified, was driving by 1 old man til 1978 then parked til i got it last june..

I have had a number of 64 plymouth and Dodge cars and they have all had spatter paint in the truck. I have a 87000 mile 63 and very original that has spatter paint in the trunk also.
I dont think I will spray a clear coat over this. I also did not read that it needs a clear either. Trunk mat covers most anyway.

My '63 trunk was body color, and '64-65 were the Grey spatter. I bought this at Carlisle, years ago, from Layson's, when they had a vending tent set up. Not sure if it's still available ?

16750109841746732502070172071097.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back