• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Try To Do Something Nice... This Is What Happens

Bruzilla

Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
We have our first a litter of Yorkies and we were going to sell them down here in Florida but the market is pretty well saturated. Then my daughter told us she was coming down from Maryland for Thanksgiving, and that was just as they were hitting eight weeks so they would be ready to go if she wanted to take them. I checked the craigslist and want ads in MD and saw what few puppies there were were commanding prices of $800-$1,000, which to me is outrageous. I asked our daughter if I found buyers back in MD if she would meet up with them and deliver the pups, and she said no problem.

So I put an ad on craigslist, put pictures of the puppies, explained what the deal was, and set a price of $400, which is what they should sell for. Within a day we had 17 responses from people and I sent them my phone number, how we wanted deposits paid, etc. Out of that 17, one guy paid a deposit. The rest of them wanted to play 20 questions, which I did via email and over the phone, but we got no deposits.

So I posted an update to the ad and said we would reserve pups, but only after a deposit is received, which is standard practice. I got another five emails from people, and they were all like "well, I'll pay in full for the puppy once it gets here", then someone flagged my ad as fraud and had it removed, which just pissed me off.

So I talked to my daughter and now she's going to take the puppies up to Maryland and we're going to sell them once she gets there... for $900, and say screw these folks up there. We tried to do them a solid and this is the way they want to act, to Hell with them, they can pay full freight. I get that there are lots of scams on craigslist, but scammers don't spend 30 minutes talking to you on the phone.

Now they get to pay an extra $500.

Spay and neuter. About 4 million perfectly good, loving dogs are destroyed annually, in pounds and shelters.

Everyone wants pick of the litter.
But nobody wants to pay for it.

Sort of generalization maybe.
I had to get the cliche in there someway.

Your not "screwing" anybody and if you dont get that i dont know what to tell you. These people with the exception of the one person who sent you a deposit were never going to buy any of those pups anyway, they were pulling your chain. If you think the market is better in MA and your child is willing to help, take the liter and just sell the dogs to people who can appreciate them and give them a good home. Forget the semantics.

I hear your frustration, but even talking on the phone cannot guarantee and won't convince some that it is not a scam. I know nothing about your operation and maybe there are other things that make it known it is not a scam, but I don't see why someone wouldn't be cautious if they couldn't check it out.

How many dogs have you got to breed & sell to buy that airplane?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

101-dalmatians_3033269b.jpg

Seems ok start the humppy hump you got a ways to go for that plane

Auto Transport Service
Back