• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to Decode a 67 RT Fender Tag and Certicard

Dallas67RT

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking at purchasing a 1967 Coronet RT. I’ve attached the image of the Fender Tag and the Certicard. From what I can determine, it was originally a white car with possibly a blue stripe with a black interior? Also doesn’t appear to have a console with the bucket seats and 4speed. At some point in it's life, the exterior was repainted red. The interior door panels & dash are also painted red? Trying to verify what the correct interior color should be. Was able to verify it’s a 440 car but can’t determine if it had the Dana 60 Rear although I have a photo of the Dana 60 Tag still on it. I wanted to see if you folks could take a look and let me know. I’m in the final stages of purchasing the car with the current owner. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Fender Tag02.jpg

Certicard 03.jpg

IMG_8588.JPG

68 under the AX is a 3.54 dana 60. Copper bucket seat interior with tan upper door frame paint and white exterior. 440 four speed.

Yup. Nov 22. Tire code? Looks good I beloeve

Well, it's an R/T, so yes it's a 440 car.

White with a blue stripe and a red interior would be cool.

I'd look at Source Guide

It's the best online 67 tag decoder available despite not having stuff that wasn't available on a Charger.

OK, probably not a blue stripe with a copper int.

CAR: Dodge Coronet R/T 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 Red Streak Tires
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: November 22.
AXLE: 3.54/3.55 Rear Axle Ratio (Dana60 or 8 3/4), Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Two Tone Paint, White (Dodge, Plymouth), Persian White (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Body Color and White (Dodge, Plymouth), Persian White (Chrysler, Imperial) Lower Body Color.
OTHER: Medium Copper Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth) Upper Door Frame Color. Stripe Deleted.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
F3: Unknown Option
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
j4: Moulding - Body Sill Narrow

Seems strange they would go to the lengths of painting the interior, dash and even repainting the bucket seat shells red. Here's a few photos of the interior. But if that's what the fender tag says, then I suppose that's the case.

67 RT interior 1.jpg

67 RT interior 2.jpg

67 RT interior 3.jpg

67 RT interior 4.jpg

So here's a question for all of you. This car appears to have the original 440 and is running and driving with almost no rust (Trunk, corners of rear window all rust free). A small spot on the passenger rear quarter. We have agreed on a price of $20k. Given today's market, would like to get opinions on that price. Thanks in advance for your responses.

The Previous owner put an Offenhauser intake on it and painted the engine Red, white, & Blue so I'll need to repaint it back to the original color.

67 RT Engine 01.jpg

I'm not buying the original motor. Can't see clearly enough on the dates, top and side.
Intake was cast in Mar 67, good chance it's the one from that motor

Here's the only other one I have of the pad. I couldn't get much off of it. I did see a couple numbers on the lower left corner though.

IMG_8560.JPG

The pad needs to be read perfectly. There should be an HP in the lower rh corner.
Assembly date should be 10 23 ( as a loose example)

Thanks. I'm going to ask the owner to scrape away the paint and resend a photo of the pad.

F3 means R/T package
1967 never had a red interior like that, they were called red but were a burgundy color.

20K seems high for the condition. Look at a done car and subtract for working on it. I like the no rust and the 4 speed but it’s been changed around a lot. And how did that core support get bent? Shouldn’t see the ground somthe lower shield os gone. Hit in the front at some point, were the fenders changed?

see the P6K copper interior like this car should have.

last is the 1967 red interior color, which is burgundy.

F714FDC9-5890-4BB8-A0E9-5A5E9010097F.jpeg

F105C0C4-328F-4408-A1C1-2657634AFB63.jpeg

40597565-E61A-420B-81D0-808802456758.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe the trim code is P6K,(copper) not P6X.(black). A black Interior would not have copper or tan upper door frame paint. The paint code looks like WW1 to me. WW2 would not make sense. Also while you are at it get the owner to send a picture of the body number on the rad support.it

Yes would agree on second look to P6K.

I just try to make the best of the potato quality photos. :fool:

CAR: Dodge Coronet R/T 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 Red Streak Tires
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: November 22.
AXLE: 3.54/3.55 Rear Axle Ratio (Dana60 or 8 3/4), Sure Grip
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Copper Interior.
PAINT: Two Tone Paint, White (Dodge, Plymouth), Persian White (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Body Color and White (Dodge, Plymouth), Persian White (Chrysler, Imperial) Lower Body Color.
OTHER: Medium Copper Metallic (Dodge, Plymouth) Upper Door Frame Color. Stripe Deleted.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
F3: R/T Package
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
j4: Moulding - Body Sill Narrow

Auto Transport Service
Back