• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to figure out...

67 Power Wagon

Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
....Mopar! Not really, I know a bunch BUT, a few local guys had asked some questions being just getting into A and B body Chrysler cars....More specifically, Engines....

OK, let me explain a little....

I know of the following:

Engine "A990" is a Pro-Stock race Hemi.
Engine "A102" is a Street Hemi.
Engine "A279" is a Ball-Stud Hemi.
Engine "A925" is the DOHC OR (Doomsday) Hemi.

Now, the question from me is, is there a listing of such "A990" info on each type that "A class" represents? I'm not sure of what to call that "A" and number, tittle? Maybe?

Anyway, because of these numbers, is there a listing for ALL Mopar engines? Such as all the B/RB blocks or engines, too?

I'd like to compile this information to a local couple of friends with Mopars and such as they each have a different motor, (I haven't gotten the greatest look at them yet)

Thanks Guys!

Those are Engineering project numbers. Start at 0 & go up to 1000 . Then start over.Per the book, "We Were The Ramchargers." Are you talking about production engines? Those would be LA-pre 92(?) small block,B-350-400 low deck big block,&RB- 413-440 .
Not sure what you are after.

Those are Engineering project numbers. Start at 0 & go up to 1000 . Then start over.Per the book, "We Were The Ramchargers." Are you talking about production engines? Those would be LA-pre 92(?) small block,B-350-400 low deck big block,&RB- 413-440 .
Not sure what you are after.

WELL, that's what I'm trying to figure out what the actual "class" number is, to call it....To explain:

The 426 A925 motor, that's the class, what is this: "A925"? And if that is a "Hermi Only" class, OK, did or does the B/RB class have a separate number? That's well a list or known to each engine size? or even, type?

I know of the Mopar A engines, the B engines and the RB engines even the LA engines....Did those "classes" have numbers to depict a 318 in the LA class to the 360 class? For instance, the 318 to be an LA 100 and the 360 to be a LA 103? See?

I'm not sure, I'm making sense on what I'm trying to figure out, as I mentioned, a few local guys asked me what I thought the "A925" ment, I know, that its the DOHC Hemi, that was known as the Dooms Day Hemi, BUT, that code, what it is to other engine types?

In other words were there known "codes" for the wedge engines, too?

Auto Transport Service
Back