• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to identify a small part in the ignition housing

hpg4815

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I am rebuilding my steering column in my 1972 Dodge Charger base model, and I have come across this small plastic part held in by one screw near the ignition cylinder. I have searched through the forums here, and also the exploded diagrams and can not seem to get enough information on what it does or what it is for. Mine looks a little messed up. Perhaps by heat. Not really sure. these are the numbers on it "2947 488 25570" C172

I also found this post of someone asking about removing the ignition cylinder and noticed they did not have this part in the picture. Steering column key removal

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

Last edited:
Looks a bit likke part of the turn signal canceler. or a key buzzer switch but no wires.

1658839478309.png

1658840338924.png

Last edited:
I believe it could be a key light block off on a car not ordered with a key light package.

Forget what I posted above. I believe you have whats left for the key in ignition switch system.

key buzzer.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back