• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to start

Godspeed

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I'm having trouble trying to start my 70 satelite with a 440 I don't know if I got the ignition relay wired up right or I got a bad new starter the car won't runner unless the starter is turning over and sparks flying from down there!
Please help!!! God Bless!!!

When I see sparks I stop! "Double Check" the wiring to the starter and make sure the connectors aren't touching each other or anything else.

It's starter and fly wheel sparks! Trust me when my little said sparks I did stop! I don't know how its surpose to be wired up except with one wiring diagram I have, thats why I ask the Pros here. I don't know much just enough to stop before I mess something thats when I stopped!

If its one of the new mini starters I would pull it out. There have been a lot of problems with fit and modifications are sometimes made.

Thats what I got! Do you know of any modifacation I can do because I can't run a stock starter because its to long (headers won't fit).

Pull the starter and see where its rubbing...I would guess its going in to far and rubbing on the flywheel.

If I'm not crazy I think I have seen a sheem for this starter some where? Hey you have been a Blessing to help me brain-storm my problem. I was kinda thinking it might be going in tofur. Because you can bump the starter and some times you can hear it disengauge and some times you can't.
Thanks so much I'll let you know what I come up with! God Bless you!!!Johnny

Auto Transport Service
Back