• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tti max wedge stock exhaust

PMux

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with tti stock max wedge exhaust system?

Not the max wedge system, but I was very satisfied with the 2-1/2" system I hooked up to the hi rise HP stock manifolds in my 64 Fury. All fit well.

I had the iron Max Wedge {repop} manifold from Mancini Racing {$700 then Now $950 IIRC}
& the TTI 3" head-pipes with the 4 bolt flanges, with cutouts & crossover etc. from them
{I was lazy, didn't want to have to fab/make them}
they worked/fit great, it was like $1300, a bit pricey but fit perfect,
I fabed the rest using Flowmaster stuff

IIRC photo is of a different car, I don't remember where I got it

Attachments

• Exhaust TTI Max Wedge head pipes cut-outs with mufflers MW-Hpipe2 $1222.oo.jpg
    Exhaust TTI Max Wedge head pipes cut-outs with mufflers MW-Hpipe2 $1222.oo.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 240
Nice set-up
Yup, as soon as my 63 is out of the paint barn, I'll be doing something like that
BUT: My TTIs are already purchased and "WE" did a engine run (Break in) Dale Reed..
I would LOVE to have Fender Well headers on that car!

I installed the complete TTI system on my '64 Belvedere when I switched from a street wedge to a Max Wedge engine. My system looked like the one in the picture except that my car had a 4 speed. The emergency brake cables ran under the pipes, as shown. The cables slightly cut into the pipes, because I'm in the habit of using the emergency brakes when I park my cars. The real Maxie cars had a second cable guide in front of the normal guides. When using these, the cables go over the top of the pipes. Installing the system was pretty easy except for getting at a couple of the bolts that mount the header pipe to the exhaust manifold.

I use 2" TTI headers and the 3" TTI X-pipe exh system since I race capped up and I wanted a good flowing exh. The factory Max Wedge system is very restrictive capped up. Ron

406269565.jpg

Thanks for the help. I'm going to use the TTI exhaust on a 1963 Max Wedge recreation. Will use the H pipe and the cut outs. Let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• MVC-078S.JPG
    MVC-078S.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 263
Auto Transport Service
Back