• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI RB Shorties - B Body

racerx20

Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of googling but there are limited threads out there for using the TTI shorty headers in a B body (72 RR) with a 440. My main hang up with them is they are only offered in 1-3/4" but I still think the benefits of starter clearance and install ease are worth it for a mild 440.

Question is for those that have used them can I get away with keeping with factory exhaust studs on my 915's? Not crazy about using the bolts vs the studs. How do you like them overall and would you use them again or just go with the full lengths?

Thanks

I have used TTI shortys on a small block. The easiest install I ever did.
I also used Schumacher's shortys on a 451 B big block 1 3/4''.Also on a 500'' RB. Again very easy install.
On the both cars I left the end studs in place but only on the ends.
I have no problem using 13/4''on a street car. I also drag raced my 451 with open extensions.
I have been using TTI products for over 20 years.Only have good things to say about them.
Installed dozens of their long tube sets,But I would use the shortys again if the car will see mostly street duty.
Easy install and plenty of ground clearance if the car is somewhat lower than stock.

Thanks! I ran long tubes on my 408 W2 Dart for years and liked them. I eventually started cooking starters in that car and want to avoid that.

I am 95% sure I am going shorty on the bird, thank you for your opinion!

Have a set on my wagon and for a street car they work very well. lots of room. Definite horsepower increase over manifolds.
IMG_3504.JPG
Starter access too.

Glad I stumbled across this, been thinking about switching mine out. I like long tube headers but I've yet to see a pair that doesn't hang low, aggrevating seeing how there's plenty of room!

Had to lift the drivers side of the motor a couple inches. It’s a 440/727 combo.

Auto Transport Service
Back