• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Tuff Stuff Black and Chrome 100A Alternators with 8 Groove CVF Pulleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will-Fonkjam

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale are my two Tuff Stuff 100A alternators (primary & backup). One is Black powder coated and one is CHROME plated. These were V belt pulley alternators but I removed and added 8 groove CVF aluminum pulleys for use with my CVF serpentine setup.
Both are externally regulated, both have been used and still work to manufacture's spec. Chrome alt has higher miles maybe ~300-500mls. Black is mostly new <15mls.

The reason I'm selling is because they don't produce enough amps for my car's electrical needs -once it was upgraded (EFI, 2 Fans, A/C, Stereo). They both measure ~75-80 Amps at idle, but I needed at least 90A.

BLACK $195 shipped (Lower 48) -CVF bracket not incl.
CHROME $175 Shipped (lower 48)

IMG_2243.JPG

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG IMG_2246.JPG

What are you going to replace them with? I have a Tuff Stuff 125A and having a similar problem. My 2 electric fans pull 20 amps each & 30 amps each on startup. I have to step on the gas pedal to raise rpm's to around 1300 to get what I was told would be available at idle. I am not happy about it. I am considering an internally regulated Denso? unit at this point.

I feel you! I went with a PowerMaster P/N 8-57296-1 180A (143A idle, 175A cruise). Neat thing is only 1 battery wire (8 or 6ga) hookup is needed! However, they do recommend a separate grounding strap, but no other wires are needed. I now see a min of 13.3v at idle with everything turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back