• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turkey Run Daytona Fl.

Hej hej,
You will be here during the Big Daddy's show in Ocala. That is a far better Mopar show.

I figured it would be, but I really want to get some pictures of the car inside the speedway and using the structures as a backdrop.

The first time I went to Big Daddy's was when we were going to see my folks in Clearwater when I was on Christmas leave. My daughter was two or three, so this was back in 1986 or 1987 or so. We stopped at his museum, and my wife and I were looking at all the cars and lost track of our daughter. We started looking around for her, and the receptionist at the museum called over to us and said she was back in the garage area. We freaked because we had no idea what damage she could do back there.

We went back to the garage, and there's our daughter sitting down with Don Garlits at a table. He had opened up a can of those Danish butter cookies you see at Christmas time, and they were just having as nice a conversation as a drag racer can have with a two-year old girl. He showed us around the garage, and the sight I remember the best were dozens of hemi blocks and heads up against one wall. He said they were blocks they had used for racing, but had developed minor cracks. They were fine for street applications, but no good for top fuel anymore. He told me he would sell those for $200 a set (block and heads). Sure wish I had bought some! :)

Auto Transport Service
Back