• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal / 4-way problem

Charger1969B

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE

OK guys, I'm sure that this has possibly been covered before but i'm having electrical issues. I installed all brand new front to rear M&H wiring harness', and individual LED lights in the rear if it matters.
When I turn the key to the on position, and operate my turn signal in either direction, all 4 of my front turn signal and rear turn signal lights flash. I know that everything runs through the turn signal switch in the steering column, could that be the problem?
Rear brake lights work when pedal is pressed, and when the flasher button is pressed on the dash as well. Just can seem to track down the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

try unplugging the front harness and see what happens and go from there. Did it all work before you changed the harness ?

What type of flasher are you running? Leds have much lower resistance than incandescent light bulbs. It can do weird things with the flasher because the bulbs dont have enough resistance. In My truck i put in a led flasher because they wouldn't flash at all. Try with standard lights and see what it does. Should tell you if its a wiring problem or led problem.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Well, It was those pesky LED lights that I had installed in the rear! It does look like that i'm still going to have to replace my turn signal switch as I really have to press hard on the lever, but at least I know what the problem was. Thanks for all the help!

check to see if the lever screw is loose,thanks for letting us know what it was.

Auto Transport Service
Back