• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal and Low Beam Continuity at Bulkhead Connector

Corman

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Looking for some help diagnosing a short. I have found there is continuity from the negative cable to the bulkhead slots at 11, 13, and 14 (see photo). They also have continuity with each other solely at the bulkhead (no neg. cable, there is continuity if I connect 13 to 14, 13 to 11, 11 to 14). Do you think this may be as simple as a shorted headlight switch? Any help from the pro's is appreciated!

1666217286695.png

1666217304365.png

Short blows a fuse. Continuity will be there unless the circuit is isolated from all bulbs, switches, etc. What is the problem.

I don't have any low beam or high beams working. The black wire leads at my low beam connectors (where it connects to the headlight) become energized when I pull my headlamp switch. My front headlamp harness ground wire becomes energized when the headlight switch is pulled. The wiring harness is new and I have checked continuity from the harness ground wire to the headlight connector black leads.

I also don't have rear lights but thought I'd start up front first :)

I don't have any low beam or high beams working. The black wire leads at my low beam connectors (where it connects to the headlight) become energized when I pull my headlamp switch. My front headlamp harness ground wire becomes energized when the headlight switch is pulled. The wiring harness is new and I have checked continuity from the harness ground wire to the headlight connector black leads.

I also don't have rear lights but thought I'd start up front first :)
Get a voltmeter or test light and see what is at the headlamp plug. Do this with it unplugged from the bulb. You should have 12 volts on one wire. Use the dimmer and you should have 12 volts on another wire. Does the high beam indicator work on the dash?

Get a voltmeter or test light and see what is at the headlamp plug. Do this with it unplugged from the bulb. You should have 12 volts on one wire. Use the dimmer and you should have 12 volts on another wire. Does the high beam indicator work on the dash?
Thank you, I’ll give it a try!

Auto Transport Service
Back