• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal cam / lever fix

fmontez1

Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in the market for a turn signal cam, and wires, per my auto electric guy. My turn signal doesnt work to the left, and really is sloppy and too soft.

Anyway, I have a 68 coronet 500. I see this ad on ebay for a cam, etc, but it says "Fits 67-69 except cars with cornering lights, or tilt / telescopic wheel."

My car does not have a telescopic wheel, but what does it mean by cornering lights? I have fender mounted blinkers, and the regular front ambers in the bumper . . . ANyway, a review of this part would be appreciated, the price is right, and I can get it done this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-67-68...dge|Model:Coronet&hash=item485a7ce191&vxp=mtr

Cornering lights are lights that come on when you turn the blinker on, to illuminate where you're turning. The original turn signal switch had them, even on cars that didn't need them. If you pull your old one you should find 4 wires or so and a plug that wasn't hooked to anything.

Cornering lights are lights that come on when you turn the blinker on, to illuminate where you're turning. The original turn signal switch had them, even on cars that didn't need them. If you pull your old one you should find 4 wires or so and a plug that wasn't hooked to anything.

Like the ones in my gauge cluster? I want those to work, sounds like I'll need to keep looking for a turn signal cam that has wires for cornering lights then, aye? I knew it was too cheap to be true lol

No.. Cornering lights.... like headlights.... @ the outside corner of the vehicle. They turn on when you turn right or left, to illuminate the right or left side of the road where you're turning. Not indicator lights in the dash or on the fenders.

5223559417_582a848f26_m.jpg

Like this.

The one in the add is correct for your car. Mopar9999 is an excellent seller with good quality parts.
The original mopar part # is 2857 241 I would not hesitate buying the one you are looking at!!

Hello all,

I am in the market for a turn signal cam, and wires, per my auto electric guy. My turn signal doesnt work to the left, and really is sloppy and too soft.

Anyway, I have a 68 coronet 500. I see this ad on ebay for a cam, etc, but it says "Fits 67-69 except cars with cornering lights, or tilt / telescopic wheel."

My car does not have a telescopic wheel, but what does it mean by cornering lights? I have fender mounted blinkers, and the regular front ambers in the bumper . . . ANyway, a review of this part would be appreciated, the price is right, and I can get it done this weekend.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-67-68...dge|Model:Coronet&hash=item485a7ce191&vxp=mtr

The one in the add is correct for your car. Mopar9999 is an excellent seller with good quality parts.
The original mopar part # is 2857 241 I would not hesitate buying the one you are looking at!!

I ended up going with Herbs parts, just cause I love those guys!

Thanks everybody.

the one I got fro Herbs was only $75.00,it dosent cancel back to center all the way and the side it sticks to makes no brake light on that side,some one said that the screws were to tight so I tried loosening them but that didnt help.I just bought another one and am waiting for it now,paid $134 for it,says made in USA original reproduction part,we will see if this one is any better,just a PITA taking the wires out of the plug.

Cornering lights were on late 60's Chryslers...and my 73 Pontiac has factory cornering lights as well

Auto Transport Service
Back