• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differce between the 66 and 67 turn signal switches?

Belvedere273

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
I have what probably seems to be an unusual problem. I am in the end of doing a 67 Belvedere Wagon. This car is a early production export model, so it has the 66 steering column. I have changed the manual gearbox with a 904, and changed the steering column to a 66 automatic. When I connected all electrical after paint, the turn signal to the left, is on as long as the ingnition is on. But just in the front, the rear left do not light either on turn or brake. The right is ok. If i turn the switch over to right its all perfect on that side.

After a bit of thinking, I realised that the 66 dit not have emergency flasher, that was new in 67, and hitting that switch, all four lights flahes as they should. I aslo see that the 66 and 67 turn signal switch is not the same, so I suspect this problem to be in that erea. The up to 66 is #2822170 an from 67 forward is #2857241. And I see that theres is two versions used from 67. One of them has 7 wires, does the other use 8? Mine has 8. My books also says 8. The color on the wires seems to be the same for both years.

Is there anybody that have any experience on this? Can I just use the 67 swich in the 66 column, and problem solved or is this requiering some odd impossible to find switch? (the one from the manual column is no longer there) Or can this problem be in a total different place?

Thanks in advance

I would scrutinize the wiring diagrams for both....
Mymopar has them for download.

I have an nos 66 switch ( not with me at the moment , and is not for sale ) But no idea what the differense is for the 2

2822170.jpg

When I installed a 67 floor shift column into my 66 column shift car, I believe the wiring was different and I had to re-pin the connector at the bottom of the column to match. But I'm not sure how that could do what you are describing.

The size of the plastic is different. The diameter of the 1966 column is smaller than a 1967.

I have put a 67 switch in a 66. I shaved it down and got it in there, it was tight and rub in on the housing, but it worked. The customer was fine with it.

You don't need to signal each and every turn like the drivers Ed instruction is grading you.

The size of the plastic is different. The diameter of the 1966 column is smaller than a 1967.

I have put a 67 switch in a 66. I shaved it down and got it in there, it was tight and rub in on the housing, but it worked. The customer was fine with it.

You don't need to signal each and every turn like the drivers Ed instruction is grading you.
As the search goes by, I am pretty sure that it is the switch that have the problem. I have a spare 66 switch. I hope that it will help me out. Just great to know that they have similar functions and no obvious differences.
By the way, not using turn signals properly, will cost you over 420 usd fine over here...The same if they dont work.

Common courtesy dictates the use of turn signals when any other traffic is present as well as the driving laws.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back