• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal Electrical Short?

67SniperHockey

Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys - weird problem. 67 Coronet R/T. When running or when off (and drawing power and killing my battery) - the right turn signal light on the dash fades on and off - obviously moving the turn signal column lever up and down and in the middle (off) doesn’t do anything. So in short, turn signals don’t work - but both taillights are faintly “flashing” all the time even when car is off. So for now I am unplugging the negative battery cable.

Electrical is not my forte - but any insight on where I should start/look? Thanks in advance!

with only the info provided I would start with the turn signal switch.

Yes, they can cause many issues. I kept having people pull up next to me and telling me I had a left brake light out. Whenever I would check them when I got back home, they were both working fine??? I finally figured it out one day the weight of my turn signal arm would drop it just enough that it would not flash the blinker but would allow the brake light to go out.

Auto Transport Service
Back