• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal switch 70 roadrunner and brake lights i have had 4 or 5 put ( turn signals switches put in)and drove 300 miles i have no turn signals or

Robert watson

Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
70 roadrunner no brake lights or turn signals before I drive 300 miles and I have had 5 put in same result everything please help

Welcome from Alabama, tell us about your 70 RR, and post some pictures. To your question. Are you saying that when you have replaced the turnsignal switch that they only work for a few hundred miles or that you have replaced the switch 4 or 5 times and they still don't work?

70 roadrunner no brake lights or turn signals before I drive 300 miles and I have had 5 put in same result everything please help
This thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum for assistance.

It might be a good idea to introduce yourself in the Welcome Wagon here ------> Welcome Wagon first before charging like a bull in a china shop asking for help. :thumbsup:

BTW.....welcome from New Zealand.

So the turn signal switches keeps going bad? Or the power / ground is bad and none of the switches work? Have they ever worked?

Check the wiring. If these are aftermarket switches it would not surprise me if they were made wrong or with wrong color wires.

I don't have my FSM handy but trace the wiring and check continuity from lights back to the switch connector under the column. Make sure housings are grounded to body. It takes some work but tracing is the simplest way to check the circuit.

Check the brake switch mounted above the pedal for power and operation. Brake off the plunger is pressed. Brake on plunger is released.

Welcome from CT. Not going to challenge you to see who can change a signal switch faster.:lol:If your buying repo's find a good used switch, are they breaking or any burned areas?

Auto Transport Service
Back