• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn the key and nothing happens..... HELP

Drove the roadrunner back today! Man the heads and intake sure added a lot of power. Ill upload a video of my car in a bit. Thanks for everyones help! Especially Kiwi(bird not the fruit)gtx, 440beep, and someotherguy!

Dirty Birds? lol

hahaha....Dirtybird is one of my nicknames along with a couple of others which can't be printed here :)

This is where I found some dirty birds....

091_zps8bc9dca9.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

LOL that's hilarious!

check this one out...the Colonel is still alive and kickin'!!

photo.JPG

So did you discuss with Troy the fact that you turned the dizzy 180* like 20 different times and still couldn't get the car to fire? Perhaps it was too advanced or too retarded? Has to be something more than just that..............

Some how it was just the distributor was 180* out???? wtf????????????? I probably tried it like 20 different times??????

The idle mixture screws were in all the way and there was a vacuum port on my carb that was completely open. And one of my spark plug wires was shot.

Interesting................................... I think I remember mentioning 2 of the 3 issues.

You out tearing up the streets now?

The idle mixture screws were in all the way and there was a vacuum port on my carb that was completely open. And one of my spark plug wires was shot.

Hell yeah I am! I just put 19.6 gallons of gas into my 20 gallon tank. I guess she was a little low, that's my next project.

WTF?!?!? 8pm!??!?! And Troy stayed open for you and installed his competitor's product for you. What more can be said....TOP NOTCH GUY!!!! Kiwi and I both can't say enough about his Revnnator ECU. If you decide to change down the road, seriously consider Troy's ECU, great product.
I was looking for this thread for another purpose, so I thought I would fess up and also give Troy & Laura another shameless plug here. i actually offered to send money to Troy to go towards getting this Road Runner engine sorted out, but Troy was having none of that. he is and Laura are so passionate about MoPars, and believe in their product (like most all of their customers) that they insisted on doing this job as a thank you to me.
I salute you Troy & Laura....an excellent product in the Rev-N-Nator, and outstanding customer focus and service.
giphy.gif

http://thertgarage.com/1970GTX.html
Several very happy customers in New Zealand

Five year old thread and I learned a sh*tload. I was sorry it ended but glad he got his car running. The wealth of knowledge here and willingness to share shows the character of the people on this forum.

Auto Transport Service
Back