• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TV shows you used to love.

Bob Saget, the original host of Americas Funnniest Videos was a smarmy, dorky and annoying guy.
I never liked that guy.
Any time Saget was on I would spend the entire show screaming at the T.V. set for him to shut the **** up. He had one of those faces that I would never get tired of smacking. R.I.P., though. I liked the old guy after him.

Sons of Anarchy
2 1/2 Men (Charlie Sheen years)
Cheers (Shelly Long years)
Breaking Bad
Frazier
ER

Burn Notice
View attachment 1517569
AFV...
Needs a new host, Alphonso sucks.
Excellent choice. :thumbsup:

I'll toss in a related one (since I'm an admitted Bruce Campbell fan):
R.jpg

My mama used to refer to her as "the bellowing cow". :)
Folks seem to either lover her or hate her. I've never been a fan personally. But I do remember her music from the 80's. Hard to miss it. I did like the movie Mask with her in it. Not a big fan of the character she played though.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were both excellent. I'd add in Supernatural which had plenty of of Mopars along the way aside from their beloved Impala.

i678195.jpg

i553751.jpg

i759589.jpg

The wife isn't a traditionally "girlie-girl", thank the Lord. She isn't the emotional type, isn't a complainer BUT she does have some traits that often are female related....
She sometimes watches stuff on the Lifetime network.
Every movie seems to be about some Jilted woman or mother and her triumphant revenge.
I refer to those movies Battered wives and shattered lives.
I don't mind the movies being on IF I'm otherwise distracted with my internet time....

The 70's org. 'Emergency' about EMTs
& 60's -70's 'Adam 12'
are on oldies TV still like 4-5pm PST here
I occasionally watch, I used to watch them when new

I'm 'now' not big on any medical/hospital workers drama shows,
or the multitudes of big-shitty lawyer shows
IMO both are way overdone, 'same old ****', rehashed over & over

I don't think I ever saw 'Supernatural'

'Rockford Files' was a reg. deal & great

I really liked 'Mission Impossible' series
& really liked 'Manix' back in the day,
Manix is on late night here on one of the oldies TV network

I have really laughed a lot when Charlie Shene was on '2-1/2 Men'
I can't stand Ashton Kutcher 'at all' now
I sort of liked him in 'That 70's Show', not on 2-1/2 Men

There was a show about VietNam, MASH medical team & Nurses
'China Beach'
for a medical-type show it was decent, good acting too

'Bob Newhart' was funny

I watched the 'Partridge Family' also, decent at times

seen every 'Leave It To Beaver' probably

Da' plane da' plane Boss :poke: org. 'Fantasy Island' was ok
remakes suck

'Married with Children' was a reg. in my house too

Watched a lot of 'Andy Griffith' when nothing else was on & bored
& the spin-off 'Mayberry RFD'
Smiley All of Mayberry was single -why they were all so happy-.jpg

I enjoy 'Secrets of Skin Walker Ranch'
another different thread on here from @Ghostrider 67 reminded me of it

I was anxious to see Westworld when it came out on HBO. The ads were intriguing.
The show required full attention or you'd get lost quickly. They shifted back and forth between a few timelines and didn't clearly indicate when they switched. It was easy to get lost and confused while watching it.
I don't need my shows to be 3rd grade simple like so many are but that show felt like watching it was a school assignment requiring unwavering attention.
HBO had another show out several months back....The last of us, a series about a post apocalyptical society much like The Walking Dead. Their first season was only 9 or 10 episodes. I liked it...hopefully it gets renewed.

Blue Bloods is a show that follows a strict platform. Every episode has some subplot for the uniformed officers, the detectives, some social issue for the commissioner and then the D/A.....then they have Sunday dinner.
I like the show but it is predictable. Rarely has the show ever surprised me.

That is one thing that was different about Miami Vice.
It is easy to forget since the show was bright and flashy with Florida landscapes and seascapes abound.....The show was one of the first that I know of where the bad guys often won.
In just about every TV show and movie that I've seen, the good guys usually win. Miami Vice felt more real because the bad guys often got away with their crimes.

Last edited:
I was anxious to see Westworld when it came out on HBO. The ads were intriguing.
The show required full attention or you'd get lost quickly. They shifted back and forth between a few timelines and didn't clearly indicate when they switched. It was easy to get lost and confused while watching it.
I don't need my shows to be 3rd grade simple like so many are but that show felt like watching it was a school assignment requiring unwavering attention.
HBO had another show out several months back....The last of us, a series about a post apocalyptical society much like The Walking Dead. Their first season was only 9 or 10 episodes. I liked it...hopefully it gets renewed.

Blue Bloods is a show that follows a strict platform. Every episode has some subplot for the uniformed officers, the detectives, some social issue for the commissioner and then the D/A.....then they have Sunday dinner.
I like the show but it is predictable. Rarely has the show ever surprised me.

That is one thing that was different about Miami Vice.
It is easy to forget since the show was bright and flashy with Florida landscapes and seascapes abound.....The show was one of the first that I know of where the bad guys often won.
In just about every TV show and movie that I've seen, the good guys usually win. Miami Vice felt more real because the bad guys often got away with their crimes.
Your comment about Miami Vice was spot on. It was an excellent show.
Another excellent one was Crime Story, with Dennis Farina, a real life cop turned great actor.
Which reminds me of Hill Street Blues. I always liked it because it showed cops as human beings, occasionally flawed humans who make mistakes. In one episode a hard bitten hooker was brought in. She caught one of the cops staring at her tits. She made some comment about how cops in another precinct will let her off if she gives them a free one, does he want a free one? He ponders it for a bit, then lets her go. She looks at him, puzzled. “You’ve just been given a free one.” he says, as he holds the door open for her. It was a very well done scene. There were a few others like that that stuck with me all these years.

Hill Street Blues came on the scene when I was in High School but I enjoyed it. Belkar was a rough and gritty guy. LaRue was the drunk that was often dancing on the edge. Furillo had the annoying ex wife and the defense attorney girlfriend. Lt Hunter was would so tight...Renko and Bobby Hill were great partners...

combat and rat patrol as a kid . then came bronson . most of the big war movies , the one w 25 top. dog actors . to name a few ….

Auto Transport Service
Back