• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Hood Scoops

Tltony

Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, thanks for adding me to your forum. I have this 66 Charger and as you can see someone before me had added some twin hood scoops from a later model Mopar. Instead of trying to fill the holes on this large expanse of warpable sheet metal I'd like to buy some scoops that will bolt up to the existing holes. I realize I'll have some paint work to do. There are A body and B body twin scoops available on several sites. I have two questions: 1. Are the A and B body scoops different (Some sites offer A and B body scoops separately, and others list one scoop that is supposed to be correct for both A and B's?
2. If they are different, could someone post some of the measurements such as the distance between the front two studs and the difference from the front stud to the rear studs. I've tried contacting three different vendors for this information and have had zero response from any of them. I'm ready to buy now. Thanks in advance for any assistance here.
IMG_5251.JPG
IMG_5925.JPG
IMG_5930.JPG
IMG_5922.JPG

Welcome to the Forum. I'm not sure about the twin scoops, but a '66-67 Hemi scoop would look Bad-*** on your car ! Since you'll do paint work anyway, repair the rest then ???

If you are talking about the 69 and 70 twin scoops, yes they are the same A and B Bodies.

Welcome to FBBO
Forum proper etiquette would be
1st off you should go to the welcome wagon
and introduce yourself, properly...
Share a few photos & background etc.,
before you just jump in & want help/advice...

And also don't forget to thank those, that helped you too...

Good luck with the scoops
like those above said
looks like the B-Body 69-70 Coronet
or other A-body scoops/sizes & bolt patterns

cool 66 Hemi Charger

If that's a real hemi charger do the right thing. Buy a hood and paint it to match the best you can. PLEASE !

We were thinking of putting the two scoops on the Coronet 500. I actually like the Super Bee R/T center scoop looks better but the two scoops are going to be cheaper and easier. Both are correct. Don't let anyone on the site tell you what to do. It's your car. Opinions are fine but do what you want. Think about it, look at pictures then go with your gut. BTW welcome. I would have never seen you on the welcome forum. I never go there. As I learned on this site, I call it the Raisin Bran hood.

The holes are already there,so bolt a set of scoops on it. Put some Magnum 500 wheels on it too,and lose the dork dish hubcaps! Dale's Cuda shop sells nice reproduction scoops with bezels.

Auto Transport Service
Back