• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two different pitchers have a perfect inning at the same game and.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
strike out the same 3 batters. The starting pitcher did it and then got relived late in the game and the relief pitcher did the exact same thing in today's Astros game to the same 3 batters. I wanna see that happen again in my life time.....and Dusty who really hasn't had that many wins during his early career is looking at his 4 win in a row and on his birthday. I think he'll get it.

Cool.

Last MLB game I went to I saw the record tied for most pitches to a single batter.

IIRC 27!

I've never seen anywhere near that before or since.

Cool.

Last MLB game I went to I saw the record tied for most pitches to a single batter.

IIRC 27!

I've never seen anywhere near that before or since.
The ******** :D have been playing the Rangers lately and the Rangers in past years reamed the Astros but now the shoe is on the other foot. Last two games the Rangers starting pitcher had a count of 40 pitches (iirc) in the first two innings and today's game the starter was pulled in the first inning.

Sorry bro - I will never again have respect for the Astros after what they did with their cheating scheme. I was a fan and rooted for them - until they did what they did. They had a great team and didn’t need to do what they did but they did it anyway. No more - ever. I’m right now in the middle of reading the biography of the 1919 Black Sox. Different story - same outcome - cheating.

Screw the Astros... I lost all respect for that organization. No, not because they're cheating bastards. Because they were originally the "Colt 45's", and then they named themselves after the Jetson's dog !!
1655348652525.png

Sorry bro - I will never again have respect for the Astros after what they did with their cheating scheme. I was a fan and rooted for them - until they did what they did. They had a great team and didn’t need to do what they did but they did it anyway. No more - ever. I’m right now in the middle of reading the biography of the 1919 Black Sox. Different story - same outcome - cheating.
And you think they are the only ones that were stealing signs? If you do, then you are out of the loop.....they were just dumb enough to get caught. But you are right, they had a great team and do again. So, you screw up once and you're guilty for the rest of your life?

And you think they are the only ones that were stealing signs? If you do, then you are out of the loop.....they were just dumb enough to get caught. But you are right, they had a great team and do again. So, you screw up once and you're guilty for the rest of your life?
I’m not even sure stealing signs is necessarily against the rules - if you do so in a natural way - been done forever. So it’s not that it’s the way they did it. That’s cold stone unredeemable cheating. Using electronic or other than natural means. In most peoples opinion they barely got a slap on the wrist and the players didn’t even get that. Send the franchise down to the Triple AAA league for 10 years and maybe they could work their way back. And BTW - They were also allowed to keep the trophy instead of the true owners - LA Dodgers.

Shoeless Joe Jackson - one of the very best to ever play the game - no Hall of Fame for him. And as I read this bio on the series he didn't even want to do it. I’m not yet at the point where I can say he did or didmt cheat yet. Pete Rose etc….

Stealing signs has been part of the game for more than a hundred and twenty years. That's just application of baseball intelligence.
Stealing signs electronically, and transmitting them to the hitter is seriously illegal.
And I am one of the ones who believe the punishment received was WHOLLY inadequate!

...screw up once, and you're guilty for the rest of your life?

You cheat, non stop, for a whole season, hardly "screw up once", then yeah, you're guilty for the rest of your life! Ask Kenesaw Mountain Landis.

I dunno, they weren't much of a problem last year....
OIP.jpg
:lol:

Treason is a charge when convicted of - never goes away and your guilty for the rest of your life - executed or not. The Astros committed unadulterated MLB treason - yet sadly in this wholly corrupt country now - they were allowed to get away with it With virtually no penalty. It better be duly recorded in the annals of Baseball history and the books. Either way every baseball fan knows they cheated and are a corrupt franchise - and only a “look the other way“ Astro fan would forgive. All the rest of the many millions of baseball fans never will. They cheated by extraordinary means and we all know it. And we will never forget. The 1919 World Series was over a hundred years ago and it hasn’t been forgotten and never will be. There are people still trying to get Shoeless Joe into the HOF - even if he proves to not have been one of the “eight” he still knew about The whole scheme and looked the other way. Guilty by association.

And I‘ve changed my mind about sending the Astros down to Triple AAA - make that A Ball league. Thats what they deserve. Stripped of the trophy and the players either banned or fined more millions than even they can afford. I’m a baseball purist and they **** on the hands that feed them. Guilty as charged.

BTW Cranky I don’t mean to jump on your bones. It’s not you I’m railing against it’s the situation. So no offense to you meant.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back