• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U-Joints 7260 or 7290 ? For 69 Bee 383 / 4-speed/ 8-3/4”

Ratfink Super Bee

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
I need to order Front and rear U joints for my 69 super bee , I do not have room to remove my U joints in the garage and I don’t want to pull it out of the garage due to ash falling from the fires in California !What a pain !LOL original 69 super bee 383/ 4 speed / 8-3/4” rear end 489 case 323: 1 ratio . I Believe that the 489 case came with two different size pinion yoke‘s and I’m not sure which size I have, any information would be appreciated so I can order these without having to pull the driveline first! Thanks guys ! Note I will be installing a new Strange Dana 60 with chrome Molly yokes ,drive line ,Calvert CalTracs ladder bar and mono leaf springs so I already have new Spicer 1350 solid U-Joints , I just need to replace the others for now!

If you're buying from a brick-and -mortar store, order both sizes, and return the wrong ones. If you are buying on line, i got nothin! I never willl buy anything on line.

If you're buying from a brick-and -mortar store, order both sizes, and return the wrong ones. If you are buying on line, i got nothin! I never willl buy anything on line.
LOL yeah that’s usually what I do I always buy one of each size just to be safe spending the extra money is sometimes worth not having a hassle when you need the part !

With a caliper, measure the diameter of the cap. You don't have to be exact, a rough measurement will get you close enough. A 7260 cap will be 1.078" in diameter, and the overall outside width between caps is 3.250". A 7290 cap will be 1.125" in diameter, and the outside with between caps is 3.625".

Auto Transport Service
Back