• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U know U have Auto Addiction when.....SHares yours!

I'm actually talking about these-
I went to elementary school about three blocks from the center of "downtown" in a fairly large city.
From about the third grade until the sixth, I rode the city bus.
Must have rode thousands of them.
Wouldn't trade the experience for the world, but how many of us would expect our kids to do that today?

I began noticing subtle differences, like length, window and seat style, and a/c or no a/c.
I also kept trying to make the ones with the same options fit into the number series. (IE the 100 series below).

They also had some older GMs and even some circa 1940s Pullmans.
In the late 70's they also bought Flxibles. New I think, and then some used ones.

Actually, I think the pic shows one converted to an electric trolley.

I might own one of those if it were practical.
Make a nice hauler/RV.
Just found out recently they had single speed transmissions.
I do remember the distinctive drone.

I worked on Buses in early 1970 to 80's. General Motors Detroit Diesel engine & Allison transmission. Great product...They had inline 6's ,8's in the early buses. And V6, V8's later....Driving the early ones with a stick, double clutching...A lot of fun.....

When I was nostalgia racing with some neighbors in the late 80's-early 90's, we were in Bakersfield/Fomosa at a SCTA race with a 60's Jim Davis/Don Tourte/Pete Kaiser/John Picket/Al Biles Nostalgia Fuel Car w/TF Hemi 426ci 8:71 blower blah. blah. blah. it ran high 6's & low 7's @ 220-230ish mph on spec. 10" wide slicks.. We broke after qualifying & had to fix a ton of stuff to run the next day, we tore the whole car completely apart & we rebuilt the engine & did a bunch of frame repair in our hotel room... We took the beds apart unbolted them & stood them up against the wall, thru down a bunch of tarps & blankets etc., so we could get the cars engine & frame into the hotel room, got it done buy 5:00am the next morning & went on to win the event...

Auto Transport Service
Back