• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate cheap driver's car?

04-06 GTO's are down around the 10k mark. Handle great, LS motor, 6 speeds are common, and have really nice interiors. All have IRS and big brakes. Pretty sweet cars. And if youre going to own GM, might as well be Australian.

Might as well throw in 05 and up (1st gen 4D) Charger and Magnum...

Theres a nice little tiger sunbeam with a 340/ 4spd just begging to be thrashed upon

If you're not going to use it as a daily driver, I'll sell you mine...needs a little work here and there, but solid otherwise...has some Koni Yellow's on it, among other things:
Mustang.jpg

If you want something you can drive a bit more often I'd recommend 99-2004 Mustang GT's. You can find nice, adult driven examples in the just under 10k range...do a few things to it and they'll smear your face into the side windows, be dead nuts reliable doing it, and still get mid-20's on the highway. They were better built than the 79-93's, have nicer interiors, have a large selection of wheels available. Only prob is the engine is a bit complex so head swaps and stuff are a bit more difficult than OHV engines. Most people just add a blower and be done w/ it. TONS of parts, reliable trans in the later years (01-04 I think - Tremec 3650 vs the earlier less reliable T45). Most aftermarket parts can be picked up in good shape used for half the price of new.

All Mustangs are easy as hell to work on too...and if there's something you need help w/, there's a vast database of people who have already done it and are willing to help...

Auto Transport Service
Back