• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*unofficial what are you listening to?* thread

99% percent of the time it's hair bands from the 80's I crank on but sometimes, just to get mellow and reflect on a particular blonde ex girlfriend, I binge on ABBA......doh!! Did I just say that out loud???

I love all kinds of different music...

sorry about the double post, it's a good ol' song at-least

The Wilson sisters...Heart. Untouchable in talent and beauty!

Cool. I have been buying 8 tracks lately. They are problematic but I love the ones that work.
Did you get some from that guy on DC.com?
He started a thread about a big collection he had in boxes!

I tell folks I like anything played by actual talented humans on actual musical instruments. :)
I do profess to a special fondness for the hard rock/heavy metal genre, though, featuring the hot dog guitarists
of that time - George Lynch, Jake E Lee, Reb Beach, et al. All those guys still putting out awesome stuff today.
Kings X - ANY Kings X.
Also a big fan of Alison Krause and Union Station - all master musicians there, awesome stuff.
Secret guilty pleasure is Tom Petty, especially his "deeper" stuff; Mike Campbell (Heartbreakers' lead guitarist) is a favorite.
Latter-day stuff is pretty much "meh" for me - exceptions are Alter Bridge (Mark Tremonti is a BEAST on guitar),
Probably have in the neighborhood of 2,500 songs in my collection.
It's gotta have balls, gotta have talent and must be melodic while kicking ***.

I got a chance to see Deep Purple in England while in the US Navy back in 1987. They were great and Perfect Strangers was performed with an incredible laser light show and it was the highlight of the event. I still love to hear the song and it takes me back.

Auto Transport Service
Back