• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*unofficial what are you listening to?* thread

Headphone music.

I remember listening to Black Water by the Doobies one night with my headphones and I thought I had a different version of it. When it got to the part "take me by the hand, take me by the hand pretty mamma" it was going "honky tonk, honky tonk". It happened to be that I had lost one side of my headphones. As many times as I have listened to this song I never heard the one side of the stereo by itself.

More Doobies :fool:

I was fortunate to see SRV, it was one of the highlights of my life.
These days when I get talking to people about concerts I mention that fact and they stare at me blankly.
He was gone way too soon but at least there are a pile of YouTube videos showing him at his finest.

I was fortunate to see SRV, it was one of the highlights of my life.
These days when I get talking to people about concerts I mention that fact and they stare at me blankly.
He was gone way too soon but at least there are a pile of YouTube videos showing him at his finest.
You’re very fortunate, he died 6 years before my time. Texas had some damn good guitarists

One of the first songs I ever learned to play.

Of course, I'd give part of my anatomy to be able to play leads like George Lynch.

Was rejoin music on local radio talk show yesterday and I've been on a Dokken kick since.

I saw them twice in 84/85. First time opening for Judas Priest, then headlining with Accept.

Sadly there will likely never be a Dokken reunion.

WAY too much ego.

They were kind of forced together back in the day and never gelled.

A lot of great music came out of it, though.

Both Don and George each had at least one good album afterwards, but they never caught on, Even though they were borderline "hair" metal, they wen't full on and that was big then, and then grunge happened.

Both Don and George each had at least one good album afterwards, but they never caught on, Even though they were borderline "hair" metal, they wen't full on and that was big then, and then grunge happened.
yeah, both were sort of power pop, like Night Ranger or Whitesnake. George is/was a terrific guitarist but he couldn’t “carry” a band. He needed a David Lee Roth. Don is/was a great singer songwriter but power pop was on the way out just as he was reaching his stride. I still listen to some of their stuff, though. Broken Bones has some great stuff but too much pop, not enough power.

Auto Transport Service
Back