• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on my 6.4L TR6060 Swap

PistolGrip6

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Over the last few months I have been gathering the parts and components required for the swap into my 69' Coronet.

-QA1 complete front suspension conversion
-USCT Trans Tunnel Perimeter frame (Now time to cut the frame out for the trans swap and weld tunnel in place)
-USCT TR6060 trans mount
-USCT stage 1 stiffening kit, torque boxes, frame ties (Which are now welded in place)
-Dakota digital dash
-American Auto Wire complete wiring harness
-3 Speed wiper motor (for extra clearance)
-Holley Premium Mid Engine Mount kit
-Holley Terminator X Max w/ VVT, SRV harness
-Holley Mid Sump oil pan
-Holley drive by wire pedal
-Holley EFI fuel tank module 350 LPH
-Frost Bite 26" 4 core rad
-Frost Bite electric dual fan shroud
-Flaming River Tilt steering column
-2020 Challenger manual center console (want cup holders and USB ports)
-10 inch custom steel wheels (to keep A12 style look)
-Ralley dash skeleton

I have a bunch of parts I still need to acquire:

-TTI B body swap specific headers
-Classic Auto Air B body heating and air conditioning kit
-Slip yoke drive shaft
-Direct mount shifter
-Brake booster
-Wilwood brake master cylinder
-Hydraulic clutch pedal and reservoir
-3 speed wiper linkage
-Ralley dash pads (entire set other than top pad)
-New windshield and window gasket (broke the glass taking it out to remove the non ralley dash)

I know there will be more parts that I will need as the build continues. Due to using the TR6060 I have added an extra element of difficulty into this swap.
I will add pictures of the work already done and my progress in the near future. I am hoping to get some advice from others that have done this specific swap already as well as inform others that are thinking of starting a swap of their own. I am a tool and die maker by trade with slightly above average automotive mechanical knowledge. I am doing all the work myself with the help of Youtube, this forum and people I have met at car shows. It has been quite the experience so far.

Any advice that you can give is appreciated and I might need to ask some questions to those with more knowledge than I.

Hope 2024 has been good to everyone so far!!

Don't forget the TTI motor mounts, they are the only mounts that TTI will guarantee that their headers will fit with.

Don't forget the TTI motor mounts, they are the only mounts that TTI will guarantee that their headers will fit with.

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked the website again, it is saying that QA1 is a confirmed fitment. As long as its the passenger side starter location. I will call them directly to talk with a tech before I order. It would be unfortunate if they don't work as I already have the QA1 Gen 3 mounts. I do have the complete tubular K frame conversion, it might make a difference for fitment.

I appreciate the insight.

Do you know anything about having to move the oil filter location or if a 45 deg angle adapter is needed? I will be test fitting engine using the new k frame soon anyways but just wanted to ask before hand.

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked the website again, it is saying that QA1 is a confirmed fitment. As long as its the passenger side starter location. I will call them directly to talk with a tech before I order. It would be unfortunate if they don't work as I already have the QA1 Gen 3 mounts. I do have the complete tubular K frame conversion, it might make a difference for fitment.

I appreciate the insight.

Do you know anything about having to move the oil filter location or if a 45 deg angle adapter is needed? I will be test fitting engine using the new k frame soon anyways but just wanted to ask before hand.
I don't know about the oil filter fitment with the QA1 K frame, however on the stock K frame you have to use either a remote filter or a 45 deg adapter. I chose a remote filter on my 71 Charger because I felt it was a better install.

I don't know about the oil filter fitment with the QA1 K frame, however on the stock K frame you have to use either a remote filter or a 45 deg adapter. I chose a remote filter on my 71 Charger because I felt it was a better install.
If you have it available and it’s not too much trouble could you post a pic of the set up you have for the remote location of the oil filter and the parts needed for it.

I used

Earl's HEMI0003ERL Earl's Oil Filter Relocation Kit - Mopar Gen III Hemi - Fits M22 x 1.5 Filters

IMG_8377.jpg
IMG_8585.jpg

I have the RMS front suspension, but a 45° adapter clears everything. I have just enough room to get the filter out. Might be worth mocking up before deciding which way to go.

Auto Transport Service
Back