• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper radiator hose

dickdale

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for options here.

I have a 70's Plymouth Satellite with a 3gen Hemi 6.4 and a Be Cool radiator.

I've tried the Gates 22940 and the Continental 62901. Both wouldn't work.

I don't really want to put on a flexible hose because of the aesthetics.

Any ideas??

37A927CD-CDE0-407C-9B28-32734CA426F6.jpeg

Go to your local parts store and go look at all of the hoses in the back...measure the diameter you'll need for both ends, you find something......

Go to your local parts store and go look at all of the hoses in the back...measure the diameter you'll need for both ends, you find something......

I did. They couldn’t help me. Went to two stores.

Put a 440 in and 26” radiator !
:poke: I’m teasing you!
Keep searching, you’ll be cutting several hoses and it will be a few attempts to get it right.. Good luck.
A shorter stock water neck may help to add more room for a hose to make a nice bend. Also looks like the radiator is pretty thick, a preformed metal tube with rubber on each end may work too.

I purchased a "pivot" upper water outlet for a GM and made a neck to fit a factory hose. I added a thick block that spaced it out and cut a recess for the thermostat. Welded it together from the inside and no-one noticed. Made it with a drill press and a band saw. Kind of proud of the results.

You could use a pre-made 90 degree aluminum connector with straight rubber sections to the rad. and housing? You could leave it like that or just use it until you find the molded one that works.

I purchased a "pivot" upper water outlet for a GM and made a neck to fit a factory hose. I added a thick block that spaced it out and cut a recess for the thermostat. Welded it together from the inside and no-one noticed. Made it with a drill press and a band saw. Kind of proud of the results.

picture to share?

Foot surgery last week has me moving about like a Chevrolet. I will try to get out there in the next couple days.

Indy, pricey, sexy.

They are definitely sexy!! I really wanted to use them but I decided to use the stock intake which kind of negates their use since I'd have to move the coils some place and the whole reason for using those VCs was for the "old school" look.

They are definitely sexy!! I really wanted to use them but I decided to use the stock intake which kind of negates their use since I'd have to move the coils some place and the whole reason for using those VCs was for the "old school" look.
I went with the MP intake and designed my own coil mounts. Using Mod Man would have been less work. I call my direction "RetroMod".

Yeah, getting hoses is a pain. I took a tig rod and bent it how I thought the hoses should be. Went to my local mom/pop auto store and they let me look at all the hoses in the back. Sure as ****, found what I needed for both hoses.

In the pic above with the outlet turned upwards, I’d get a hose that has some of the right bends for both ends and use a stainless or aluminum tube to connect both ends. Aluminum will be easier to put a “bump” around the tube so the hose clamp can’t come off while under pressure. Hell, ya could even tig weld a band around either one if ya have access to it.

Have you looked at hosekandy.com?
I bought these but have yet to install them. They were pricey but should look nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back