• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Urgent help needed.

Cores for RB can be any where from 200-900 today depending on the tag and if the internals are right. Remember also they arenot all clocked the same. Have some pluss the core. Not the one you are looking for. If it was me I would set up a single point with the same curve untill you find the one you really want. Might take years. I have three people looking fo that number still for a few years.
FOR SALE - Reconditioned Mopar only distributors

I'm just curious about your insistence on a particular "points" distributor, but headers or repro manifolds are ok ?
Didn't say that. I said I will have to either run what I have (Headers) or order repops until I can find what I'm looking for.

Max has a 300J distributor. Along the way I picked up an NOS Factory Autolite. It doesn't have the Chrysler number tag on it but it's close enough. Oh, and I found the 300J I think the distributor came out of.

I'm almost ready to put the engine back in the 1966 Coronet and need a Prestolite dual points Distributor # 2642482 IBS-400 6P
I thought I had one bought but after sending the money via PayPal he all of the sudden backs out on me and refunds the $$.
I was hoping that stuff like that wouldn't happen from FBBO members but it is what it is.
The Distributor is one of the final pieces I need other than exhaust manifolds but I have headers that I can use or I might go ahead and order a set of repop manifolds. but the distributor is holding me up from having what I need to get it running.
I have looked all over the place, eBay, CL, FB, and even called Tony D'agostino and Scott Smith. Seems I'm not the only one looking for this same distributor.
Can anyone tell me if a different year big block or hemi dual points distributor will work or not?
I have found other 440 dual points distributors for $300 Can I run one of them until I can find a correct #'s dist?
Thanks,JKent
Why do you want a dual point distributor? There are several manufacturers that make an electronic substitute that will fit right in your distributor and perform much better.

Auto Transport Service
Back