• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE V code 70 Runner-4 speed/3.54 Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

70B5Cuda

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This V code Roadrunner is originally from the Phoenix area. Then it went to Pueblo, CO for 10 years; the previous owner bought it as a project car to do with his son, but his son wasn’t interested so he just stored it indoors for 10 years and I bought it in early 2016. I’m selling to fund my ongoing 1968 Roadrunner and 1970 Barracuda restomod builds (build threads of each can be seen here on Moparts). The fender tag shows it came with the 440 6 pak engine, 18 spline 4 speed manual transmission, 3.54 Dana 60 rear end, 26” radiator, 11” front and rear manual drum brakes, and manual steering. The original block is missing but it does have a 1970 HP block. The engine was rebuilt about 10 years ago but has less than 100 miles since the previous owner only warmed it up and drove it around the block monthly to keep it exercised. The engine is stock except for a 509 purple shaft cam. The 6 pack setup is missing but its a nice freshly rebuilt Holley 750 4bbl carb and brand new MSD 6420 electronic ignition (box is mounted under the battery tray). The numbers matching 4 speed transmission is in good shape and is included. The 4 speed in the car is a freshly rebuilt 18 spline with a date code of 2750 (Feb. 6th 1969) and the Dana 60 appears to be the original. A new pinion seal, fresh gear oil, and new U-joints were done in December 2016. The radiator (2998974) has some pinholes on the bottom end tank so it will need soldered. It's got a new M&H 440-6 engine wiring harness, alternator, coil, and Mopar Voltage regulator. The tires are old and will need replaced before driving.
Since it was a southwest car, it’s extremely solid. The car was originally FF4 green with F8 interior trim. The engine bay was painted plum crazy purple and the exterior was put in black primer. All paint/primer work was done more than 10 years ago so it's not a recent spray bomb. The frame rails, torsion bar cross member, rear passenger floor pans, and hood hinge areas are about as solid as you can find on a 47 year old unrestored car. The front floor pans have some smaller holes and the trunk floor pan definitely needs replaced. The quarter panels have some filler (not a bondo bucket though) and the rear wheel well lips have been rolled to accommodate wider tires. The rear window lower corners don't look terrible but will probably need some smaller corner patches. The bottom structure in the middle of the hood was cut/trimmed by a previous owner for air filter canister clearance. The grille and grille trim is in good shape.
The front seat is a split bench; the black seat covers need replaced. The door/side panels are mismatched and in fair condition; they are useable but they should be replaced. I have a pair of core headrests that need recovered but are included. The radio, headrest, and carpet are missing but I do have the headliner bows. The instrument cluster has the 8,000 RPM factory tach but all the gauges are faded from the desert sun/heat. The gauges aren't hooked up and the dash wiring is a mess so the dash harness really needs replaced. The reverse light is present on the lower dash. Several of the exterior lights don’t work.
The fender tag, dash VIN plate, and partial VIN stamping on the driver’s side trunk gutter lip all match. The car has a clean, open title. It’s a really solid V code, 4 speed Dana car. It’s a project for sure that deserves a restoration but with tires and some wiring you could drive it as is and have a lot of fun. $25,000 obo

http://s282.photobucket.com/user/850XP/media/My%20old%2

I got the title back in the mail so it has a clear Kansas title in my name. $24K OBO. I may consider trades/partial trades for a 1968 or 1970 Charger project but it can't be a rot box.

Last edited:
Anyone have a 68 or 70 charger project they want to trade?

It's almost spring. This would be a great driver with some wiring and new tires!

Is the vin on the front radiator core support?

I thought I added this to the listing but I read back through it and realized I didn't...There is no stamping on the radiator support. The radiator support welds are not factory so someone must have replaced the radiator support at some time more then 10 years ago. I could not see any signs of a wreck: there are no waves, cracks, or buckled sheetmetal in the inner fenders and the spot welds on the inner fenders are factory. Perhaps someone cut out the radiator support for easier engine swaps???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back