• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum hose inside diameter

440 PHIXX

The Island of Misfit Mopars
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
I’m having a hard time finding the right size vacuum hose for distributor advance and vacuum pull off on the choke. I think it’s 3/16, but Autozone doesn’t have it. Am I wrong on the size? All they seem to have is fuel line which is much thicker.

Think it's more like 1/8" I.D. Similar to wiper fluid hose. I have purchased it at Advanced Auto Parts.

20231229_162248.jpg

There you go! 3/16 sounds good

Edit; checked with some drill bits on a hose, 5/32nds might be a better choice

I’m having a hard time finding the right size vacuum hose for distributor advance and vacuum pull off on the choke. I think it’s 3/16, but Autozone doesn’t have it. Am I wrong on the size? All they seem to have is fuel line which is much thicker.
Remember that TUBING is sized by the I.D. by WALL THICKNESS not the O.D......but what ever works is ok...
BOB RENTON

its 3/16. Make sure it is designed for vacuum, not pressure or it will collapse.

Auto Transport Service
Back