• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vegan 'Meat' Not So Good for You After All

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score

That's Impossible! Vegan 'Meat' Not So Good for You After All​

APRIL 16, 2024

c458ed91-84b0-480b-a824-c7a4dd72a7c6-1052x615.jpg

There's a "health halo" surrounding manufactured vegan "meat" products even though they provide no "clear benefit" — and might even be bad for your heart health, according to a new study reported on in the Daily Mail.

Dr. Sumanto Haldar lectures on nutrition science at Britain's Bournemouth University and suggests that the industry re-evaluate "the development of the next generation of meat alternatives" because "[at] present, producing these plant-based meat alternatives often involves a substantial amount of processing."

Current vegan "meats" like Beyond Meat, Fauxjerky, Cow Patty’s, or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Sausage "can be high in salt, saturated fat, and additives in order to match the taste and texture of real meat products," according to Haldar. His study showed that people who eat the stuff "also seemingly had worse blood pressure than their meat-consuming counterparts."

"As it stands," the study concluded, "the plant-based meat alternatives currently available do not offer same health advantages as a traditional plant-based diet, generally consisting of whole foods such as whole grains, legumes and a plethora of fruits and vegetables."

In other words, the authors of the study aren't against vegetarianism or even veganism. They just couldn't find any benefit to the lab-altered veggies masquerading as meat — in no small part because they're loaded with salt and fat to help create the illusion.

Look at the photo at the top of this column. When I saw the men and women in lab coats and all that gleaming stainless steel, I wondered what high-tech product they might be manufacturing there. Or maybe that's what it looks like underneath Carousel in "Logan's Run." But, no. That's where cell-cultivated GOOD Meat is fabricated.

Last September, I reported on fake meat startup Upside Foods, whose frankenchicken is brewed in bioreactors and is trying to get their production costs down to merely “unreasonable” from “comically astronomical."

GOOD Meat and Upside Foods are the healthier options made from lab-grown animal cells, compared to the fat and salt-saturated vegetable-based "meats" looked at in Haldar's study.

That seems like an awful lot of money and effort to badly replicate what nature does easily and well. I'm no Luddite, either. If there's a bleeding-edge tech gadget (merely cutting-edge won't do), then I either have it or am saving for it — going all the way back to 1981, when I bought my first computer.

But I'm also not a 26-year-old idiot in an underground nightclub any longer, and I'm going to have some questions before I ingest something I don't recognize.

Left unsaid: real meat isn't bad for you — and you're never more than a little seasoning and heat away from making it taste naturally great. Beef, pork, chicken, and seafood contain healthy amounts of salt and fat to begin with.

If my vegetarian and vegan friends don't want to eat meat, that's entirely up to them. I just hope they're aware of the health risks underlying their unnatural choices.

That's why Bill Gates is buying up all the farmland. He plans to do away with meat products, and feed America fake meat made of bugs and fungus! Sounds appetizing!

Dr. Sumanto Haldar lectures on nutrition science. His study showed that people who eat the stuff "also seemingly had worse blood pressure than their meat-consuming counterparts."

In other words, the authors of the study couldn't find any benefit to the lab-altered veggies masquerading as meat. I reported on fake meat frankenchicken is brewed in bioreactors
GOOD Meat and Upside Foods are the healthier options made from lab-grown animal cells.

That seems like an awful lot of money and effort to badly replicate what nature does easily and well.

7554171D-3AD8-45DA-9E72-7C56AE694813.jpeg

Go vegan/vegetarian go WOKE & go broke, or just die from it
your body needs real protein, not some fake *** meat...

You mean the industry that has paid some of the largest consumer lawsuits in human history doesnt have our best interests at heart?

Get outta here!

Just remember, kids...The same companies that brought you Agent Orange in Vietnam (Monsanto) now controls the majority of the food we eat, the nutrients that are used to grow that food, the artificial bullshit "meat" they're trying to sell us, and the medications for when we get sick from it all.

It's all about money. It's in their best interests to make us sick. Being sick makes us repeat customers.

Follow the money...

R.jpeg

WAKE UP

th.jpg

Don’t watch any of the the documentaries on food production or you may just die of starvation in a few short weeks.

This fake meat thing has hit the wall in a number of ways. Dropping stock prices and as I understand many early adopter restaurants and fast food chains have or are dropping their phony fare. It seems if this garbage is to survive it will be on the backs of these young snowflakes that just don’t get it. I wouldn’t eat that sh!t w/your mouth. Give me the real thing or give me nothing at all. And whomever made that crack about Bill Gates in this thread - is right on target. He and one of these other bazilljonaires own an incredible amount of our US farmland. Do you think that freak has good intentions - do you think his wife divorced him possibly because of his ill intentions for the world…..? She seems to be doing good w/her money. Billie on the other hand …..

That's no joke about his coming war on meat,and using bugs and fungus to make the mystery meat he intends to feed us. Control the food supply contol the masses,

Auto Transport Service
Back