• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vehicle Transport

chtampa

Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone here transport vehicles or have worked with a transport company. I need an SUV moved from San Jose, California to Tampa, FL. No undocumented workers are being transported in the back.

What kind of transport do you want? Open trailer, closed trailer? Does it need to be ASAP or can you wait for a better deal?

No easy answers. Research is all over the place.
yelp leaves you with no conclusion.
Have used DAS and Roadrunner in the past without a problem. Paid just under 2k SJC to Louisiana enclosed last year. Good luck.

509968DE-DADF-4252-B2C3-9F5986171EEF.jpeg 4B5CBF48-8D9A-4679-B762-142DAA60B1E5.jpeg F7EFB507-5341-40B2-9117-388D5379BF10.jpeg

All were brokers. No truck showed up with the name on who was originally dealt with. Sent this to Allentown no problem when sold. Also around 2k.

transportreviews.com is very helpful assessing a potential hauler.

Personally I recommend 4 Corners Transport out of Washington state. (a broker) I've used them several times and been very pleased with service and pricing. You'll hear a lot of negative about brokers, some certainly deserved. Jeff at 4 Corners has never let me down.

The big issue for me was having to pay the full haul price up front. I did that once with a big name hauler and things went down hill quickly once they had my money. I played hell getting my money back even though they took the $ and then couldn't perform. Some brokers also want payment up front.

4 Corners takes your order, and you pay only their fee once the load is assigned and the pickup is scheduled. You then pay the trucker the balance at delivery. I liked this approach a lot better than the alternative. Found the truckers much more motivated to make the delivery!

4 Corners has an online quote request form that works pretty well to get a feel for pricing. Jeff can also help you fine tune a haul price based on the locations, general demand, etc. He's done this for me a couple times, particularly when there's been an imbalance between loads going one way vs the opposite way. Sometimes for example, there are lots of loads coming out of California, but not many going that way, like when there's a surge of people leaving that state.

Last edited:
I need it moved within two weeks. AutoTrader has an open trailer bid of $1500. and open is ok.

My most recent delivery was with Alpha trans services. Approx $1 per mile. Was delivered on time, he called when he was 1 hour away and no damage. It was enclosed. 773-747-5033

used Intercity Lines Inc to transport................they own their own trucks

chtampa, just wondering whom you used? I'm looking potentially purchasing an SUV from near Sacramento and just wondering of a good transport company to delivery here in the Midwest. Thank you in advance.

My bad, I used UShip and the Carrier ended up being "MARVEL AUTO TRANSPORT" and it cost me $1587 for a driving Bronco. From San Jose Cal to Tampa FL in Jan 2020.

Auto Transport Service
Back