• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Window Bracket

pnora

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
I am putting my 69 Charger back together and have some minor vent window fitment. First off these are the new aftermarket vent frames. Second I took this apart 16 years ago. I did the left door first and detailed all the hardware. What I noticed was the lower right vent mounting bracket has a 1/4 inch thick washer on it and it was also retained by a push style fastener to keep it from falling off. The left side did not have it. I can tell the door was without the washer on the left by the tell tale vent frame fork end. The left side went together relatively easy. The right is off, not bad but not acceptable. My question is about the washer? Should it have it or not? It almost seems like I should get rid of it and see if my vent frame would fit better. Bracket shown illustrates where the washer/spacer is. Any ideas?

vent window bracket-c.jpg

Last edited:
I just went thru similar with after market vent frames and the left side went together and fitment was good but the right side was way off!
The top of the frame was out too far and out of adjustment. Had to take the part you are referring to and section and reweld it to get another good 1/4 inch of adjustment. So, depending wether you can adjust the frame bracket in the door, I think you could do without the washer. My 2 cents. ruffcut

Don't freak out, you'll get there. I've found that those little corner braces affect the angle of the vent window frame....or basically, does the top corner of the vent window frame line up with the roof up/down and is it also lined up in/out. Those corner braces fit into oblong holes so you can slide them (& the vent window frame) around. You can certainly add a washer, or a body alignment "U-shim" if necessary. I enlarged the oblong holes on one door to get more adjustment. Fit it in there and see what you need. You'll get it

Thanks for the replies. Tomorrow I will remove that washer and see where it puts it. I know where it needs to go and one way or another I will get it there.

I got the Right vent assembly to fit. Removed the washer and that allowed more favorable positioning. Then the top 5/16 bolt attachment I had to elongate the cast vent frame hole. From there I was able to get a decent fit and the quarter window fit. I bought these from classic industries. The Left was good the Right is off a little. Once I got a better idea as to where it needed to be the job did not take much more than an hour. Thanks for the advice.

Auto Transport Service
Back