• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very low brake pressure

I let the Chrysler engineers do the work for me, brake conversion on my 64. Disc/drum, both larger brakes, manual, and looked up the earliest years with that set-up. Of course, if power brakes, takes a slightly different MC. Pretty sure I wound up with a master for a 67 Coronet w/manual disc/drum...works perfect.
For whatever brake system you want, use parts for 'that' system.

You guys have been great with all the help. I got another master from Cass at Dr Diff, i highly recommend this guy, he was a big help and spent some time with me on the phone. Cass was familiar with the kit i bought, he suggested i try a 15/16 bore master. I installed it today and now instead of 800 PSI at the calipers i have 1200 PSI so this should be a improvement
Any other problems i think are a result of not enough vacuum in the engine. Will be looking into that, Im suspicious of the intake manifold gaskets but thats for another day....Thanks again

Noticeable improvement with new 15/16 bore master. I think there may be room for improvement but its now a vacuum engine issue. Will be looking into that. Thanks to all for the help!

I would record all existing tune spec's just so the original tune can be gotten back to easily. Then get the vacuum gauge out and start playing. 16 to 18 should be easy. With your stock setup 18 to 20 would be a reasonable goal at idle. If not start looking for leaks.

I would record all existing tune spec's just so the original tune can be gotten back to easily. Then get the vacuum gauge out and start playing. 16 to 18 should be easy. With your stock setup 18 to 20 would be a reasonable goal at idle. If not start looking for leaks.
Valley Pan was leaking. I should have known, the tailpipe was extremely hot as were the exhaust gasses.

Auto Transport Service
Back