• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Veterans Day Quiz

Camo net. I hated that stuff. Setting up or taking it down people always managed to get it caught on something, buttons, weapon, you name it.

We call it the BAT SHEET or BAT Decoder. Strapped to the right thigh board. Although BLUE FORCE TRACKER has a slot for each aircraft or ground vehicle of note, to place the call sign in. Old school vs new school.

GP small, GP medium, GP large tents.
Micjey mouse Boots (winter footwear for -20)

plightspeed.com%2Fshops%2F604893%2Ffiles%2F001923179%2Fmilitary-surplus-ecwcs-mickey-mouse-boots.jpg

We call it the BAT SHEET or BAT Decoder. Strapped to the right thigh board. Although BLUE FORCE TRACKER has a slot for each aircraft or ground vehicle of note, to place the call sign in. Old school vs new school.
Probably on a digital device these days. We used a spiral bound laminated book which had to be destroyed on a regular basis when a new one was issued. My Commo section would take them to a pulverizer that had a bunch of heavy weight hammers that would make pulp out of them.

I think you meant, "29 Stumps". Been there, Done That, and Got The T-Shirt...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Actually, we had to go there to offload vehicles at the rail head before driving to the staging area at the National Training Center (NTC) at Fort Irwin, CA.

Flying Lizard - C-141 in Cammo paint
MRE - Meals Rejected by Everyone
O3 Walkabout...Marine Infantry Grunt
My favorite **** on a Shingle...Midnight Chow Hall Favorite SOS
So many more but I have forgotten just about all. Still great to have y'all bringing them up again...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Flying Lizard - C-141 in Cammo paint
MRE - Meals Rejected by Everyone
O3 Walkabout...Marine Infantry Grunt
My favorite **** on a Shingle...Midnight Chow Hall Favorite SOS
So many more but I have forgotten just about all. Still great to have y'all bringing them up again...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
I forgot MRE.

We said Meals Rejected by Ethiopians; it sounds more profound that way, somehow.

Some Reservist will understand some of these.
TeeP's = Training period
UTA= Unit Training Assembly
I'm on a 1 = Active duty designation # on Flight orders
I'm on a 22 = Inactive Reserve[UTA] status on Flight orders
I'm on a 33 = TeeP status on Flt. orders
FIGMO = F-it, got my orders
BOHICA= bend over, here it comes again
Crew Canoe = aircrew bus, esp. in very heavy rain!
Box Nasty's = Flt. lunches

CEOI

CEV

Daisy Chain

MDL

GP

KATUSA

SITREP

Last edited:
Covers, Army. My 3 DS’s made damn sure we learned what a “cover” was.

SAW
SITREP

I’ve forgotten more than I learned.

Auto Transport Service
Back