• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Veterans on the Board

U.S. Navy SEAL , 1983 - 1988 . 3 purple hearts , one Navy Achievement medal , three meritorious unit citations . Lebanon , Libya , and Iran . Served on the U.S.S. Cochrane , DDG -21 , U.S.S Long Beach , CGN -9 , and the U.S.S. Missouri , BB - 63 . Hull maintenance technician 2nd class Petty officer .

Air Force

1991 to 2009 California, Panama, Saudi Arabia, New Mexico twice, Korea, North Dakota, Texas Mississippi. England. Was medically retired in 2009.

US Army,69-71.SP4,11B. I served in Korea from 70-71 as a guard at Panmunjom.

USAF Air Police; 67-71; Turkey (AF Air Station near Diyarbakır) & Montana (341st Missile Wing; Malmstrom AFB, Great Falls)

New guy here, 2005 to present
came in as a wheeled vehicle mech. transferred to Chinook helicopters
First tour with 2-325 A.I.R. 82nd Airborne Division Sauder city/ Baghdad Iraq from JAN 07 to MAR 08
Spent a yeah in Camp Humphreys' Korea with 2ID
Currently with 3rd ID in Kandahar Afghanistan, for about another 30 or so days. Oh Army.
Also I ETS this year as well.

soundhd I got to close that place Diyarbakır Turkey down in 96. Do you recall the GI in turkish prison? Hes was still there when I left...

I was USAF from 1983 to 2008. Two tours in TX, Wichita Falls and San Antonio (loved both tours/towns), 2 in England, RAF Feltwell and RAF Lakenheath (love the country, folks, humor, beer, pubs, and the food!), one tour in Illinois - my home state, and two deployments .. Al Udeid and Zagreb, Croatia back in the olden days. Currently a silly villain in my second go round.

US Army March 83 - 87. Armor Crewman in the M-60A1 mainly. Last 3 months in M1A1 Abrams as TC. Went to Germany for REFORGER in 1983. Loved it !!! 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment. Got married to 1st wife, then got out....... My TWO biggest mistakes...........EVER !!!! LOL

USMC acttive 86-89. USMCR 93- 2013 Retired Gunnery Sgt. MOS 3521, 3529,3537,3538,8531,0931.
2nd Radio Bn, CLNC, 9th Motor Transport Bn. Okinawa, 4th Comm, Reserve, 1st MARINE Div. Iraq 2003, USMCR Shooting Teams

Chris

US ARMY Warrant Offficer, Helicopter Pilot. 1974 1999, 3/12, 1/17th, 5/17th Air Cav, 82nd ABN, 517th Trans, Germany, Korea, Iraq, x 2 who knows.

I served is supply in the USAF from 1984 to 1987 in Lakenheath England and got out in 1991 at Wright Patterson AFB. I am still searving todat as a civilian at DSCC Columbus Ohio.

Currently in the U.S. Navy, 4 years in now, 2 more to go still. Electronics Technician, been to both RADAR and communications schools, have several NEC's in each, so, pretty versatile. Currently stationed onboard DDG 86 USS Shoup, home ported Everett WA.

Hat off to you all and thanks to the men and women now serving...

US Army 1971-1975 retired USAF Reserves..32+ years credit.. retired with 37+ years supporting the war machine as a civil servant..DoD Navy and DoD Air Force

USAF Active 1986-2006 as a 427 and as a 3MO
Williams, Arizona
Dhahran, Saudi
LAX, California.
Diyarbikar, Turkey
Elmendorf, Alaska
Taegu, South Korea
Aviano Italy / Bosnia-Herz
Rhiyad, Saudi
Bitburg, Germany
Yemen
Minot, North Dakota
Al Udeid, United Arab Emerites
Kirkuk, Iraq
Kabul, Afghanistan

Last edited:
USN 82-86
Stationed at NAS Oceana Va Bch Va
AT3 - worked in calibration lab on equipment that would hook-up to various aircraft to test avionics systems.

Bill

Auto Transport Service
Back