• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

View out my office window

AB2798EA-9765-4702-982E-F44DBE841EE7.jpeg

Here’s something you don’t see everyday they look like Tibetan monks taking selfies on a Manhattan street.

Last edited:
View from my new office on Rector st in Lower Manhattan…. Freedom tower out one window and Trinity Church out the other.

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

View from my new office on Rector st in Lower Manhattan…. Freedom tower out one window and Trinity Church out the other.
Please allow this "segway" but I believe that audio/home theater/music fans will enjoy this or at least learn something cool.
I bolded "TRINITY Church" because of the story of why the Subwoofer I have in my Theater Room (that I also use as a critical listening music room, but mostly a KICK *** music room) was designed and developed.
This next section isn't to "show off" and although it is "about me" (my experiences) it's ONLY for perspective, because the sub that is named after the Trinity Church is the GREATEST sub I have ever personally experienced (yes-experienced-because you don't only hear and feel it)
So you know I'm not easily impressed, here's my audio/video and "music appreciation" background: I have a lifelong history of experiences with music and movies and "better than average" audio/video playback equipment .
My grandfather (dad's dad) was a professional musician and also had some studio audio/video jobs. Although he sang and played several stringed instruments, his upright bass was my favorite, and I find my attention is often drawn to a really good bass line.
My mom and dad are only 20 years older than me, so we have gone to concerts together since I was in single digit years old, usually "pop" or "rock" artists. My dad has had some cool "stereo systems" and TVs, none of the "show other people you don't like how much money you make" stuff, but the better stuff "middle class folks" could buy.
Lastly on my backstory, I worked in consumer electronics for 20 years, sales, system design, and installation, mostly whole-house audio, video, and theater rooms, and the last 8 years as a one man A/V and Home Theater business owner who installed everything I sold, and a lot of equipment people bought elsewhere, including some commercial systems.
My personal Theater Room and one I installed for a client were both separately featured in a magazine!

So after a long career in "the business" and a lifetime of exposure to quality audio and video experiences, I was able to put together my own Theater Room, and as I wrote, it was featured in a magazine! I prefer the sound and performance of BIG speakers, and in the case of my real wood veneer Klipsch speakers, I like the look too. The challenge of finding and matching a subwoofer to work with, enhance, and EXPAND the performance of a system with large speakers that already have good, relatively deep bass output is a significant one.
Always impressed with Klipsch, and having all Klipsch speakers, I really wanted to go with Klipsch for my subwoofer, but for decades they didn't have one that did justice to their floorstanding speakers, because the floorstanding speakers were so good and punched deep without requiring much power, a subwoofer to expand the range of frequencies deeper with powerful "presence" is a tall order.
That all changed with the Reference (RSW) Series by Klipsch. I bought the largest of the 3 available, (RSW-15) a dual 15" sealed cabinet, one active woofer and one passive woofer, no ports, and a 650 watt continuous, 2400 watt peak BASH* Digital Amp. WOW! WOW! WOW! My front 3 speakers are 3 identical towers, and they are rated down to 32Hz, and even at that level, they are strong and fast. With the RSW-15, rated down to 19Hz, and 121dB @ 30Hz, I set my A/V equipment to roll off the bass at 40Hz, and what AMAZING music and movie experiences I had...until the sub's amp died a few years later. What it would take to get the amp fixed or replaced is too much to go into :poke:

Heartbroken, I went on a quest to find an equal or better subwoofer that was in the $2k range and I FOUND IT!
I knew about the Definitive Technology TRINITY SuperCube subwoofer, and I bought mine from the last business I worked for before I started my own A/V company. It was their floor unit and I couldn't get a new one because they were not making them anymore. It looks like a small refrigerator, has SIX 14" long excursion woofers, and while my dead Klipsch sub was rated down to 19Hz, the Trinity was rated to TWELVE Hz!!
This sub is so incredible not only did I get over my grief from the death of my Klipsch RSW-15, I know I never would have experienced all the AMAZING performance of the TRINITY SuperCube I have now.
FINALLY TO THE NAME:
Why would anyone "need" a subwoofer to dig down to 12Hz??
Our ears don't hear below 20Hz or so, and while the feeling of a BOOM from a movie is nice, I didn't want to sacrifice speed and accuracy when I was listening to music.
Because of the close proximity of The Trinity Church to the Twin Towers, the toxic dust and airborne particles from 9/11 destroyed the church's PIPE ORGAN and Definitive Technology replaced all of the pipes with different sized speakers they had in their top line speakers products. The only problem remaining was the largest pair of pipes. The depth of sound and "feeling" just couldn't be reached, even with the biggest pair of floorstanding speakers replacing them, and thus the Trinity SuperCube subwoofer was born, and I am VERY fortunate to have one for myself and my wife to enjoy on Movie Nights, and for me to experience listening to music, especially songs like "Home World" from The Ladder album by Yes, "The Journey" by Boston, "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf, and "My Head's In Mississippi" by ZZ Top.

Last edited:
My office days are behind me.
This is my view returning from
a good day at the duck blind.
20220428_210212.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back