• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin location

Pjrenu563

Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Satellite that I need to verify the correct vin as the vin tag was removed for painting and I have three different vin tags. I bought someones project and they are certain of one of the vin tags were off this vehicle. If they don't match i can get my money back or do a lost title and wait three years for legal ownership so I know its not stollen.

Vin tag on the door pillar, or fender tag?

pick the one you like and get a title, provided you have an actual VIN tag......... without a fender tag AND a build sheet there is no way of knowing

The fender tag engine size should agree with the VIN.

That's a start.

But, no only VIN is on the VIN tag.

Buildsheet has one.

The only two ways you'd know if you have the correcdt VIN tag...
1966plymouthsathp2 157.jpg

Example.. I can't find where I stored mine for the '66 right now.
326921033_737335784478286_2047145372842749211_n.jpg

Long shot.... look at the rad support, engine side , near the battery tray for a cert card holder.
May get lucky and gave one still stuck in there.

Long shot.... look at the rad support, engine side , near the battery tray for a cert card holder.
May get lucky and gave one still stuck in there.
Three ways! Forgot about the card as well. Have mine for the '66 HP2 and Wife's '67 Formula S

If you have an anti freeze sticker on drivers side before go down, on radiator support, remove it. There are numbers some numbers will be on fender tag. Look at lower left corner for SO the numbers on radiator should be there. Maybe only last 4 or 5.
numbers1.jpg
numbers2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back