• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin tag rivits

My buddy ordered a set of Rivets from ECS. They are about .025 smaller than the originals on the 70 Super Bee. Doesn't seem like much, but its very noticeable when they are side by side. Uhhhh

Do you think they flatten out a bit and measure wider once installed? I'm thinking not. Anyone have a set from ECS they installed and want to measure?

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

My buddy ordered a set of Rivets from ECS. They are about .025 smaller than the originals on the 70 Super Bee. Doesn't seem like much, but its very noticeable when they are side by side. Uhhhh

Do you think they flatten out a bit and measure wider once installed? I'm thinking not. Anyone have a set from ECS they installed and want to measure?

View attachment 1343207

View attachment 1343208
They might flatten out some but doubt .025 worth....

Hell, I bought a pair of rivets form ECS last year at Carlisle. They are sitting on my desk. I thought at the price I paid they would be Correct.

i took a couple of rivets years back and a file
made notches along the edges and then painted them black.

was a suggestion from a restorer i spoke with instead of the $15 dollar per rivet period correct

I think it looks pretty good. with the black dash and the clean VIN tag isnt really much to see behind the glass anyways.

Auto Transport Service
Back