• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage air in a 71 - looking for info/pictures

70chall440

Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
I bought a VA system for my 71 Charger but these are not specific to the 71, they are generic/universal, therefore there is not a lot of specific data or instructions provided. The first thing I am looking at is the holes for the original AC/heating system, I can certainly close them up without issue but I am thinking that my 4 lines will need to come through the spot that used to be for the fan.

Anyway, if anyone has done this and/or has some pictures I would appreciate it.

I was under the impression that the e-body set up pretty much bolts right in and only the dash components are needed to be changed. I ordered the e-body without factory air and it lined right up

Thats pretty much what I was thinking but the kit I received is definitely a universal kit, not that this is a bad thing per se but the directions are a bit lacking. I am not an AC guy so I need to learn it.

Auto Transport Service
Back