• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vinyltop superbird

Plyman

Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
Did the Superbird-vinyltop covered a-pillar all way down behind the moldings?

Did the Superbird-vinyltop covered a-pillar all way down behind the moldings?

No, the vinyl top stopped at the upper attachment hole for the A-Pillar molding... see attached pictures below from my Superbird. Are you restoring a Superbird?

Allen

SuperbirdVinylTopAtAPillar1.jpg

SuperbirdVinylTopAtAPillar2.jpg

XSSuperbirdBroadcastSheetTopX.jpg

No, the vinyl top stopped at the upper attachment hole for the A-Pillar molding... see attached pictures below from my Superbird. Are you restoring a Superbird?

Allen

They had special chrome screw on clamps...Thats what held down the vinyl on the a pillar..I got a set if you need them..I was gonna put a vinil top on my gtx but changed my mind..
Petty Blue 67 GTX

They had special chrome screw on clamps...Thats what held down the vinyl on the a pillar..I got a set if you need them..I was gonna put a vinil top on my gtx but changed my mind..
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Not on a Superbird, unlike a regular Road Runner or GTX, the Superbirds had air deflector moldings that covered that area of the A-Pillar, so the vinyl top just stopped at the upper screw hole as shown in my earlier pictures. Here is a pic showing the molding installed...

XS

2007MonsterMoparWeekend 181Cr.jpg

So did the daytona,s with the vinil top have the same air deflector molding?
Petty Blue 67 GTX

So did the daytona,s with the vinil top have the same air deflector molding?
Petty Blue 67 GTX

No vinyl tops like Stuart said, and the air deflectors had the same shape, but attached along the edges as shown in the picture below. Chrysler simplified the attachment for the Superbird.

Charger500AndDaytonaAPillarMoldingAttachment_450W.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back