• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wall Drug…a piece of Americana

Always make a pit stop there when we head out to Yellowstone or Glacier parks

I lived in Rapid City for 3.5 years, and I can tell you that South Dakota has a serious "sign pollution" problem! I get it that Wall, and not just Wall Drugstore is a tourist trap, but really? Now let's add all the other money wasting tourist destinations in the region and it looks unsightly! Maybe it to break up the boring landscape of endless prairie? But now that causes distracted driving cause you want to read every billboard instead of paying attention to the road!
Never had any problem with signage along the highways especially if traffic was on the heavy side but if the traffic was light, I 'shopped' while driving. No different in looking for old Mopars sitting off the beaten path......but some do have problems keeping their damn cell phones away from their faces no matter what the traffic is like....so.....I'd be more than happy out on the endless prairie to see some 'distracting' stuff along the side of the road. Hey, I'm one that can pay attention to a column mounted tack and still keep the car in the lane while making a pass down the 1/4 mile :D

Never had any problem with signage along the highways especially if traffic was on the heavy side but if the traffic was light, I 'shopped' while driving. No different in looking for old Mopars sitting off the beaten path......but some do have problems keeping their damn cell phones away from their faces no matter what the traffic is like....so.....I'd be more than happy out on the endless prairie to see some 'distracting' stuff along the side of the road. Hey, I'm one that can pay attention to a column mounted tack and still keep the car in the lane while making a pass down the 1/4 mile :D
I fully agree signs will not interfere with a contentious driver I believe any driving course teaches that you keep your eyes on the road and always look for an escape route.

Don't get me started on people, and their damn phones.

Auto Transport Service
Back