• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 1966 Coronet Door Panel Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for a set (four pieces) of door panel trim for our 1966 Coronet 440 2dr HT. This would be the trim attached to the door panel itself.

Please let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

That's the chrome on the top edge of the door panels?

IIRC, those are the same parts from 66-70, so there are a lot of them floating around.

Yes sir, top and middle. One slides over the edge and the other has bend over tabs that go through the panel

Thank yo for the info I might be able to find a set locally if 68-70 are the same. Lots of woodgrain era car fans around here...

The ones that go on the panel with the bent over tabs are not the same as 68-70. I have a set of 67 Sat black 2 door front and rear interior panels with the trim on. But the passenger side door one is missing the lower chrome. I also have the upper ones if you can't find them locally and btw 2 door are different than 4 door. Also the rear ones from a 68-70 Charger are technically different than other 68-70 B-bodies. PM me for pics and prices if interested.

Yes sir, top and middle. One slides over the edge and the other has bend over tabs that go through the panel.

hello have a set of 1967 coronet ( might be r/t ?) been long time in rafters these are complete and blue , nice take outs for
two door hardtop 67. I cant remember , they might have the power window switches ???? have all four pieces.

Surprised no one has commented that the 66 ones, for the top edge actually are a 66 only. 67's are screwed in to the door, whereas the 66's just slip over the edge of panel and the 'retaining' aspect is done by a set of panel clips - like sides and bottom. I would be first to recommend adapting the 67 ones to a 66 door, as it is a better system. Believe 68 rears are different than 67 rears
I have very nice rears (67) if you need.

I had 67 ones in my 70 and 68 ones in a 66, and I never had any issues.

Just sayin'

I believe that only the 500's had the stainless trim w/tabs (dividing the vinyl and carpet on door panel) On the 440 models the "middle" trim piece is part of the door panel (chromed plastic/vinyl) Both of my '66 440's are this way, one has the original panels and the other has re-poped Legendary panels.

Thank you, I will check between the 440 and 500 panels. I have not dissected the 440 panels yet but will check it out tonight.

I believe that only the 500's had the stainless trim w/tabs (dividing the vinyl and carpet on door panel) On the 440 models the "middle" trim piece is part of the door panel (chromed plastic/vinyl) Both of my '66 440's are this way, one has the original panels and the other has re-poped Legendary panels.

You are correct on this. I checked the 440 panels and the lower chrome trim is in fact plastic. Bare metal foil to the rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back